how many Kilometres / Miles on your Paso?

News and talk of the motorcycling sport, industry and community
redpaso
paso grand pooh-bah
model: 906 Paso
year: 1989

how many Kilometres / Miles on your Paso?

Post by redpaso »

Hey guys & gals,

I have noticed in my perusing of these fine forums that there seems to ba an awlful lot of Paso/i.e.'s out there that claim to have very low kilometres / miles on them. which got me wondering who has the most travelled Paso.

My Paso ('89 906) was first registered in 1990 & has just clocked up 85000 Kilometres. I am the third owner & have owned for 2 years now. I purchased with approximately 67000 km on the clock. I knew the last owner who had it for about 5 years & clocked up about 25000km in his time on her.

I know that "The Old Girl" has always been serviced & maintained as per requirement & never needed any major unscheduled work. IN my time the Regulator/rectifier has died & needed replacement (but who'se hasn't). There is always something to do but it has only been routine (for love) stuff.

My Paso is also fairly standard mechanically & aesthetically. I run Staintune pipes & still have the Webber carbs. She starts easily although until warm does not actually like to idle unless I am nearby & ussually needs choke for 5 minutes of so until up to near operating temperature. I am about to replace chain & sprockets & will do the belts soon in the next 2000 km as well. They were replaced just prior to purchase so are nearing 20000km.

I quite like that she is a dog to ride in town because I don't want to be riding in town & she is telling me to get out of there & onto the open (twisty) road as soon as possible.

She gets a new coat of polish every 2-3 months, not that she is ever left outside. Always garaged at night & if I take her to work is in a secure underground car park as well.

I try & ride her at least once a week & when I take her to work the trip sometimes gains up to an extra 120 km each way. But still I feel I am not in the saddle as much as i would like.

I can see that with the regular maintainance she recieves (new oil every 2500km) she will be running strong in another 85000 km, & I just can't wait to gt them up there.

So how many Km/Mi do you have on yours & how often does she get let off the leash?
Redpaso
"My favourite peice of Ballet is a long sweeping corner"
Paul
model: 750 Paso
year: 1987

Post by Paul »

Red,

I must be pretty sad compared to you. I have owned mine for just under four years and put about 1,200km on the clock. She now has 41,000km.

The previous owner is one one my Dad's friends and he owned her for about 13 years and used to trailer her down to the Eastern Transvaal (countryside with twisty bits about 4 hours drive away). He also ran her on Avgas (has a higher lead content than our leaded petrol), which I did for the first two and a half years until they wouldn't sell it to me any longer at the airport !

She has three main modifications, two of which were made before the previous owner had her (ie. more than 16 years ago). The previous owner reckoned she came from the factory with the twin Dell Orto PHM 40s and the rising rate rear linkage (that prevents the fitting of a centre stand). The more modern change is a locally produced exhaust system. I have some pictures which I will upload to the forum soon.

I bought her a nice original cover about two years ago from Gowanloch Ducati in Sydney. Even with delivery and import duty it was cheaper than the local ones.

Paul
fasterdammit
paso grand pooh-bah
model: 750 Paso
year: 1988

Post by fasterdammit »

Well, I'm not sure, with my 750. I broke my third speedo cable this weekend hitting a particularly hard shelf in the road. Since I never paid a lot of attention to MPH but rather RPM, I usually didn't swap a new one right in ... so I've gone seasons without racking up miles. It says about 8800mi on the clock right now, but judging by oil changes and service intervals I put it up in the 14k range.

I'm running stock everything, except the jets in my Weber. That's about to change too, thanks to a finely detailed investigation courtesy of John Fiore. ;)
Just because you're not dead doesn't necessarily mean you're living, either.
1988 Paso 750 #753965
1997 Monster 750
KillerB
model: 907 I.E.
year: 1991

Post by KillerB »

My 1991 907 i.e. shows 26,000km but has about 4,000 broken cable kms on it also. I'm about 85 miles east of Toronto and my longest voyage on her was to Las Vegas and back.

Regards, B
DesmoDog
model: 907 I.E.
year: 1991

Post by DesmoDog »

I put about 23,000 miles on my 907 the first 4 -5 years I had it. Since then I've put less than 1000 miles on it total... Pretty pathetic, I know, but there have been other bikes and I got burned out on riding for a few years there too.
-Craig