News and talk of the motorcycling sport, industry and community
Skins
paso grand pooh-bah
model: 750 Paso
year: 1988

Still depressed

Post by Skins »

:sad:

Another great ride by Checa. But I'm still so depressed about Loris.
redpaso
paso grand pooh-bah
model: 906 Paso
year: 1989

Post by redpaso »

It is dissappionting that Loris is missing races & also a really good chance that he would have been second in the championship but at least he is taking the time out to recover
Redpaso
"My favourite peice of Ballet is a long sweeping corner"
jcslocum
paso grand pooh-bah

Post by jcslocum »

Too bad about Loris but it is part of the game....

Who will be on the other Duc next year?? Sete?
Skins
paso grand pooh-bah

Post by Skins »

:cool:

I dunno, Jon, but Red might - he seems to be usually well up with the play.

I just checked out your tech FAQ sticky in the 750 Forum. You're doing a a great job there. I was thinking that clutch plate sequence would be a good addition, and there it was! And I was also idly wondering whether my 'Ducati Cuddle Carb Synching' technique might qualify, and there it was! I'm totally stoked.

Are you keeping your Paso? Please say you are.
jcslocum
paso grand pooh-bah

Post by jcslocum »

Anyone can post to the stick, I might edit it so that we follow a format but it's everyone's information. If you recall s ignificant thread, post it there!!!
redpaso
paso grand pooh-bah

Post by redpaso »

The only name that seems to be connected to the second Desmosedici saddle for '06 has been Sete` Giveupnow. There was talk a few months back of Max Biaggi moving to Ducati but thankfully this will not happen.

Personally I don't think Sete` is up to the task & they might as well leave "Charlie Chuca" on the Duke. Sete is a good rider as long as he has someone to follow & no one behind him. If he could learn to sit back & do the last lap lunge like valentino can he might have a chance. The Ducati has shown that it is a winner this year & as long as the team continue to evolve the bike they should be in this position next year.

It seems pretty certian though that Sete` will score teh GP6 ride. Maybe if Rossi goes to F1 in '07 he could rebuild his mental strength & do it. If you look at teh championship apart from Rossi with double the points of everyone else the race is really close & would go down to the final laps which would be fantastic. It still is great to watch you just try & view valentino as seperate to the others because he is!
Now if Ducati were to sign Vale for a season or two once he is bored with the Yamaha challlenge things could be really interesting :lick:
Redpaso
Skins
paso grand pooh-bah

Post by Skins »

As for me, I can tell Rossi's really good, and I reckon I can see Loris is pretty good, and Xaus is bonkers, but I can't really tell the others apart as far as ability is concerned. But you sound like someone who knows what he's talking about, Red.

Tell ya what, though, I reckon that young Aussie Stoner might be pretty good.
redpaso
paso grand pooh-bah

Post by redpaso »

I love to watch Ruben Xaus on full song, always on the edge & you never know when he will go just that little bit too far He looks like he should come off every corner but he ussually gets away with it. I would love to see him back in Word Superbikes, he is a truely exciting rider. ASfor young casey Stoner he is proving himself as a big name in the future & it sounds before too long that he will be inthe big league along with fellow Aussie Chris Vehumulan (does anybody actually know how to spell that?)

I reckon of the current crop of riders & machinary the most likely to dethrone Vale the Great would have to be Marco Melandri & I heard Rossi say that he thinks he is his only real threat at present.
Redpaso
Skins
paso grand pooh-bah

Post by Skins »

I should have said above, Rossi's really good (but a bit dirty) ... and it's sad to see in a champion. I guess it's partly due to his age. Still a little immature.
redpaso
paso grand pooh-bah

Post by redpaso »

Skins mate, heres some news that will put a smile on your dial:

LORIS CAPIROSSI returns for the final GP this weekend in Valencia :D

I thought that would make you smile :cool:
Redpaso
Skins
paso grand pooh-bah

Post by Skins »

Thanks, Red. I heard he might be there, but it's real good to have it confirmed. Let's hope that crash makes him and even better rider, because crashes do make one better, I reckon.
redpaso
paso grand pooh-bah

Post by redpaso »

If we learn from it, it can be a building experience yes.

Speaking of things related to crashing & therefore damage, how is you Paso comming along after your recent "incident"?
Redpaso
Skins
paso grand pooh-bah

Post by Skins »

Unfortunately I'm so busy rebuilding my jewellery business, all I'm doing with the bike at present is charging the battery every few days and starting her up.

I have established that there is a clicking sound from the left calliper when I squeeze the brake lever, and that the brake pressure comes and goes randomly. I'm looking forward to finding out what's the cause of the problem. Glueing the signal/mirror pod back together again will be interesting work too. Maybe over the Xmas break.

In the meantime I'm riding the little Honda GB400, which is somewhat uninspiring.