News and talk of the motorcycling sport, industry and community
Skins
paso grand pooh-bah
model: 750 Paso
year: 1988

Hey, Faster!

Post by Skins »

:cool:

What happened about that Duc (was it a 900ss?) that you were going to get as a swap for one of your four wheelers?

This Idle Noise forum of yours has been highly successful, eh? Sure is filling a need nicely. Could be be most popular Forum now, or close to it, I'd say. I want to write something for Apex soon about teaching junior to ride, but I'm just so damn busy trying to get my work back on track. But I will do it. And when the work is back on track I'll get on to that silver Paso belt buckle.
fasterdammit
paso grand pooh-bah
model: 750 Paso
year: 1988

Post by fasterdammit »

Skins - good memory! :D

Well, the SS owner in question lives in Alabama - about 1000 mi from where I am - and I haven't heard from him since pre-Katrina. I've sent a couple emails just asking if he came through unscathed on a person level but haven't heard back. Makes me wonder/worry. :confused: :ugh:

I'd be pretty excited if it could happen, but there's the logistic elephant in the room in terms of getting the truck down there, and the bike back here ... I was hoping to convince him to pony up the money, and I'd do the travelling (I want more for the truck than he does for the bike; this seemed fair to me?) But since I haven't heard back ... I'm not holding my breath. Maybe things will turn about in the spring. We'll see. I'm still in the market for Ducati #3 anyway ... I'm not sure a '97 SS was the ticket, although I still would love it. ;)

Looking forward to your submissions in Apex though - I'm still working through all the Thomas Johnson excerpts! :laugh: And I'm definitely looking forward to any and all jeweled marvels to come from the House of Skins!

Glad to hear your boy is getting out on two wheels, too! You mentioned a while ago he didn't seem too interested, but maybe that's coming around - cool!
Just because you're not dead doesn't necessarily mean you're living, either.
1988 Paso 750 #753965
1997 Monster 750