plenty of members here!

News and talk of the motorcycling sport, industry and community
Finnpaso
paso grand pooh-bah
year: 0

plenty of members here!

Post by Finnpaso »

Soon we have 900 members in this site, so near all Paso owners have logged in to these sites. If U count, how many Pasos have made and maybe 50% is still in road use, so can this happen to us?

Btw, i have noticed, that this Paso.org forum is going stronger,meanwhile yahoo mailing list down little by little??? Earlier it was via versa.... Not so much post anymore in mailing list :confused:

Antti
fasterdammit
paso grand pooh-bah
model: 750 Paso
year: 1988

Post by fasterdammit »

Well, according to the book I used to get the numbersfor this post here, there were 4863 Pasos built, worldwide.

Assuming they were all sold, they're all still on the road, and all their owners have Internet access, we're still missing about 3967 members ... well, maybe fewer since some of us (Mike :neener:) like to horde Pasos. :laugh:

But still, approaching 900 ain't too bad at all!
Just because you're not dead doesn't necessarily mean you're living, either.
1988 Paso 750 #753965
1997 Monster 750
Finnpaso
paso grand pooh-bah
year: 0

Post by Finnpaso »

Many have taught, that maybe half of those "4863" Pasos are still in traffic..... Too many Pasos have wrecked out.... There was some other topic of this long time ago. Do You really think, how You write? :confused:
Antti http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HeKOh3XoXPg&NR=1
KTM 990 Adventure -08 metal dark grey
Paso 750 -89 red/metal grey
907IE -91 red/metal grey
907IE -91 red
2xST4S -02 red/metal grey
ST2 -01 red/metal grey
Volvo V70 Bi-Fuel Classic/titanium
fasterdammit
paso grand pooh-bah
model: 750 Paso
year: 1988

Post by fasterdammit »

Antti - no, I honestly don't believe all those Pasos are still on the road. I know for a fact one of them is a museum piece at the Barber Motorsports Museum in Alabama, so that's one off the road. ;) (Just kidding!)

In all seriousness though, no - unfortunately - I'm sure a fair number of Pasos have passed on, whether to misfortune or neglect. Half? Who knows. It would be great if ducatipaso.org could be considered a registry - but I don't think it'll ever be 'complete' because one has to consider those owners who don't have or use computers, as well as those who don't know to look for us, etc.

But 900 is still a fine number. I certainly hope there are more than 900 Pasos on the road still, but as long as I have one - I'm happy, and happy to be contact w/ the other 896 individuals here. :)
Just because you're not dead doesn't necessarily mean you're living, either.
1988 Paso 750 #753965
1997 Monster 750