News and talk of the motorcycling sport, industry and community
Skins
paso grand pooh-bah
model: 750 Paso
year: 1988

Lucky Days

Post by Skins »

:thumbup:

The day before yesterday, while I was waiting at traffic lights in the city, the Red and Green of an MHR flashed across the intersection in front of me. I know the bloke. It was good to see the bike on the road again.

Yesterday another MHR pulled up alongside me at another set of lights in the city. It had those glass bevel gear covers, and we exchanged a few words.

Lucky days.

Christmas.

:cool:
redpaso
paso grand pooh-bah
model: 906 Paso
year: 1989

Post by redpaso »

Sitting in my car yesterday at the lights I spied a 999comming toward me, quickly I turned the CD player down while I fumbled for the buttons to lower the driverside windows in anticipation of the Ducati rumble as it sailed by me. How dissapionting to hear this Ducati give off a faint burble that would be no louder than than a soft breeze in the trees. Definately not a patch on the Staintuned Paso & I am pretty sure it was Termi equipped. I felt so let down I just wound the windows up & turned the "Talking Heads" CD back on. "Same as it ever was, same as it ever was..." :umm:
Redpaso
"My favourite peice of Ballet is a long sweeping corner"
Skins
paso grand pooh-bah

Post by Skins »

Same thing happened to me a couple of weeks ago Red, a 999 went through an intersection I was waiting at, also in my car. He had to make a tight turn in this intersection, and he did it with style, fast and smooth. I also thought it was very quiet, but I thought it sounded good, and it seemed to be pulling very smoothly at low revs.
redpaso
paso grand pooh-bah
model: 906 Paso
year: 1989

Post by redpaso »

sounded good just way to soft. I have seen this 999 a few times of late & assume it is a new one in town. There is another that I can hear from a long way off so I can get to the Balcony to see it go past the office, it sounds awesome so I guess in comparison this one was a real let down. Good to SEE them on the raod anyway :thumbup:
Redpaso
"My favourite peice of Ballet is a long sweeping corner"
fasterdammit
paso grand pooh-bah

Post by fasterdammit »

sigh ... with a foot of snow on the ground aruond here, you guys are really making me miss the sounds of my girls' exhausts ...

... only five more months til riding season ... sniff :ugh: :sad:
Just because you're not dead doesn't necessarily mean you're living, either.
1988 Paso 750 #753965
1997 Monster 750
Skins
paso grand pooh-bah

Post by Skins »

Hey Faster, next time there's a good day in a warm place not too far away, and if you can spare the time, catch a quick flight there and hire a bike for a few hours!
KillerB
model: 907 I.E.
year: 1991

Post by KillerB »

Same here, faster.

Although last week I took a five mile round trip to the gas station for a fill-up :screwy: . Snow was all around me, but the roads were dry. Damn cold on the neck though. I think I'll wait until it warms up to go out again.

Regards, B
fasterdammit
paso grand pooh-bah

Post by fasterdammit »

Skins wrote:Hey Faster, next time there's a good day in a warm place not too far away, and if you can spare the time, catch a quick flight there and hire a bike for a few hours!
If only somebody would rent me a Ducati!

Although I would love to fly to some of the corners you folks are posting in Apex and grind some hard parts there, that's for sure! :thumbup:
Just because you're not dead doesn't necessarily mean you're living, either.
1988 Paso 750 #753965
1997 Monster 750