STUPID MOTORCYCLISTS!!!

News and talk of the motorcycling sport, industry and community
redpaso
paso grand pooh-bah
model: 906 Paso
year: 1989

STUPID MOTORCYCLISTS!!!

Post by redpaso »

It is Summer here in the Southern part of the world & that generally means hot days somewhere in the 30 Degree Celsius range & above. This Summer I have noticed an alarming trend of Bike riders abandoning their Protective leathers for shorts & T-Shirts.

Where are their heads at??????

Clearly it is a group of people that are fortunate enough to have never been sliding down the road; if they had they would not be doing this. Sure it is hot in leather when not moving but it is even hotter when you are leaving a trail of flesh behind you as you slide down the bitumen. Perhaps are they just some form of “super Invincible Biker” that is completely immune to Volvo’s & the thoughtless “Sorry mate I didn’t see you” Brigade that overpopulates our roads.

I was passed the other day by a guy on a CBR900 who was doing at least 140km/hr on double lines round a blind bend with his leather jacket strapped to his Pillion seat. I guess if he stuffs up he will have time to put it on before he hits the ground!!!

I just don’t get the absurdity that comes with this sort of behaviour. Surely Self preservation is high on the list of what makes us logical cognitive beings but when I see people riding round like this it makes me mad especially as a parent to see kids on the back in t-shirt, shorts, bare feet & an extra large helmet. Placing yourself in unnecessary danger is stupid but placing a child at this risk as well is criminal.

TARMAC HURTS!!!!
& we should responsibly protect ourselves from it!!

:mad: :mad: :mad:
(I just had to get that off my chest)
Redpaso
"My favourite peice of Ballet is a long sweeping corner"
jcslocum
paso grand pooh-bah
model: 750 Paso
year: 1988

Post by jcslocum »

This is pretty much normal here in my area. It's not only the Harley riders that wear t-shirts and pudding bowl helmets, it's the kids that want to be stunt riders too that ride this way. I look at it this way; we're getting old and might need an organ transplant one of these days....

cynical, I know...