News and talk of the motorcycling sport, industry and community
Skins
paso grand pooh-bah
model: 750 Paso
year: 1988

WE ARE 1000

Post by Skins »

:cool:

We are one thousand Paso owners. We are now the centre of the Ducati Paso world. This is Mike Roten, who made it possible, and we thank him

here's an old pic of me and the gal that used to be my contact for clubs at ducati. this was a great day in paso history

This is a list of just over one hundred of us, who have made more than two or three posts each. You can see some of the faces in ‘Forum Faces’, (‘Off Topic’). My favourite is the one of Jake (fasterdammit) dancing with his daughter Sydney at Peggy’s Cove during their summer break last year:

trevor SteveB cagiva905 Fernando KillerB Theo Gwenadu davidhughrose chrisjpitt
Tigger ved Martian Bloke-on-bike ducatijim daza RidgeRunner nyabinghi ducapaso
angelick BikerBard persempre907 Stefano redpaso Jose coldduc DesmoDog beemerboy
4away silverfox Jhiestand pasofreak hvv v2block Extra260 Marinus josecarlos Fraser
Fasterdammit Christian steele Paul DuC-MaN Stingray230SX jomo paso750 jcslocum
lceriani jfiore DucSoup Apex tibi750 Finnpaso LionelBurns qldman36 Rogero Lotus54
koen524 motiztab Rodney ahdoman Marcel Ducalisti mike (the boss) 1564 lucky
reginapete 750pheonix ansim 90_907ie jpring SupersevenTwincam Skins wiggs (mike
and melody) c-dogg jay Chilly_bill ynot bauhaus bill_daf RideFlyDiveSail Buck
f1steveuk jprhyme Nemesis drsmig BaDaBoom campbell lleach etheriault Dino
DucatiDan Timbo pope reginapete minimad Coffee_Kid 750pheonix frankblack ansim
JWilliam pompone nilaus typhon bavarian Johan_Oden Rlbol ducster Duck01 speedtrifle
krakan pencilbeam

We have built an interesting, friendly, helpful, and creative community here, based on a unique classic motorcycle which offers a combination of features in a road machine which is hard to match. Through ducatipaso.org, we can keep our machines on the road. We need to organize limited manufacture of some parts, like mirror pods and instrument case tops, for ourselves.

Good luck everybody
Skins
Rogero
model: 907 I.E.
year: 1992

Post by Rogero »

Nice words Skins, the site like the bikes we all ride is unique in the motorcycling world.

Once my pins arrive everything will be complete.

:thumbup:
Rogero
1992 "Red" 907 I.E.
2006 Harley-Davidson Dyna FXDBI (Street Bob)
Skins
paso grand pooh-bah

Post by Skins »

:thumbup:

I am working on them at this minute, Rogero. I'm very sorry about the delay. I wanted to revise the attachment system a little, and when one sets out to make a dozen or so, rather than two or three, one wants to be really sure of everything. Also, with quantity, production process problems surface, and have to be solved. And I'm too old to work fast now. Once these initial orders are shipped, I'll only have to make one or two at a time, so then there should be minimal delay. Sorry again.

Erskine
Skins
paso grand pooh-bah

Post by Skins »

:cool:

OK. Today I shipped out all the initial orders for Paso Pins, received between March 14 and today. They're going airmail and should arrive with their owners within a few days. I'm very sorry about the delay.

It was important to me to send out the first three, to fasterdammit, DuCMaN, and Rod Ormsby, whose orders were received within hours of the site reaching 1000 members, and for which I happened to have three blanks available, as soon as possible. The ones they got are a little special, good, maybe a bit 'quirky' (though I'm not signing and numbering the pins as faster suggested - hell, they're not that good!) but the ones I've just sent out are revised and better. The fronts are just the same, and they will sit just as trim on the lapel, but the DESMOMATIC attachment systems on the back are better - rock solid and more secure on the lapel - the very best I can do.

I will probably be sending the final quality versions to faster, DuC, and Rod, in due course.

The orders received have just about covered my set-up costs, which is great. I have a few more blanks still on hand if anyone else wants one.