Geetings from Tasmania.. Its a state, not a disease!!

creative words or images - your own or by others - that express for you the feeling of motorcycling
gail
year: 0

Geetings from Tasmania.. Its a state, not a disease!!

Post by gail »

Hello all Paso fanatics, Greetings from Sunny Queenstown on the Wild West Coast of Tasmania.
Got onto this great site recently and enjoy the commentaries and banter that the members partake in. Have had the good fortune to accquire a very tidy 92 907, and find them (PASO's) to be a real piece of art, not telling anyone anything they don't know already ,that's for sure. Got hold of it on Ebay it was located in Melbourne ,Australia. She is a very tidy thing and is fitted with staintunes,givi topbox headlight protector, new tyres and just clicked over 10,000,kms all for the princely sum of eight grand :laugh: ,rather pleased. It had just had a major service to boot, I had been chasing one for a while and saw a nice black one in West Aus. for about the same price but distance proved prohibitive. On one of my first little trips away pulled up at Derwent Bridge Servo (Gas Station) and a bloke (Man) came over and said"Oh , She's one of the new ones is it?" when I explained to him that it was fifteen years old , he really started getting an appreciation for the Tamburini wizardry. After he had finished fuelling his vehicle and left the scene, I noticed some salivation on the bikes tank , yep you are absolutely correct,....DUCATI DROOL.
redpaso
paso grand pooh-bah
model: 906 Paso
year: 1989

Post by redpaso »

Welcome Gail, You sure in for some fun with a 907 & all those fantastic Tassie roads, how well does she go on the 99 Bends Road (is that actually what it is called or just what it is known as?) you know the one that winds down the Mountians into Queenstown from the East. I reckon you are in the worlds best place to own a Paso & really enjoy the experience. Hoping to get down that way on mine (906) in the next year or so. As Troy Bayliss has said next year is his last in the Superbikes it might mean a trip to the island in '08 so it would be a shame to be that close & not hop over to Tassie. Whether Tassie is a State or Disease, once you have been exposed you are infected!!! :thumbup:

It is great to see another enthusiastic Aussie on the Forum, if you need info be sure to kooee!

Enjoy the Paso experience
(Some pics of your bike are always welcome!)
:thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:
Redpaso
"My favourite peice of Ballet is a long sweeping corner"
gail
year: 0

Post by gail »

Red,how are ya? Thanks for the reply,...yeah you are right it is the 99 bends, tops on a flash day,once I nut out how to post photos I will get something on. For sure on the Supers too, you would be mad to miss tassie if your that close, She is a top spot for most things recreational more so in the warmer months. Thanks on the wecome Regards Marty. ...Paso on ! Red
persempre907
paso grand pooh-bah
model: 907 I.E.
year: 1992

Post by persempre907 »

Welcome also from the Europe :thumbup: .
Your experience with the Aussie bloke is very similar to the mine.
I'm living in Rome and my 907 is photographed by the tourists as much as the monuments...
Ciao
Francesco
Ducati 907IE 1992 Rosso
Ducati 907IE 1993 Nero
Moto Guzzi Galletto 1960 Sabbia
BMW R Nine t 2019