A Beautiful Heart

creative words or images - your own or by others - that express for you the feeling of motorcycling
Duc906
model: 906 Paso
year: 1989

Re: A Beautiful Heart

Post by Duc906 »

Ok,Ok, I get the message I'll get rid of the rack :D :beer:
higgy
paso grand pooh-bah
model: 907 I.E.
year: 1992

Post by higgy »

Duc906 wrote:
Jaffa wrote:Looks good Ken,What treatment did you do on the engine before the paint job??
My old girl will be due for a stripdown and touch up mid next year so building a data base of knowledge prior to taking her off the road.
I completely stripped the engine and got all the cases blasted,then I gave them a good wash and blow out to get rid of any grit that may have been left.Then I wiped them down with prep wash/grease remover,let them dry,and then paint.I let them dry over night then I baked them in my bbq for 1/2 an hour at 120 deg,the wife wasn't happy for me to cook them in the oven,bless her,something about poisonous fumes :smoke: :lol:

My first wife divorced me over such antics :lol:
Ducati,making mechanics out of riders since 1946
There's no problem so bad that a little fixing can't make it worse! : )
If it ain't broke keep fixin it till it is
88 750
90 906
92 907ie
Jaffa
year: 1991

Post by Jaffa »

higgy wrote:
Duc906 wrote:
Jaffa wrote:Looks good Ken,What treatment did you do on the engine before the paint job??
My old girl will be due for a stripdown and touch up mid next year so building a data base of knowledge prior to taking her off the road.
I completely stripped the engine and got all the cases blasted,then I gave them a good wash and blow out to get rid of any grit that may have been left.Then I wiped them down with prep wash/grease remover,let them dry,and then paint.I let them dry over night then I baked them in my bbq for 1/2 an hour at 120 deg,the wife wasn't happy for me to cook them in the oven,bless her,something about poisonous fumes :smoke: :lol:

My first wife divorced me over such antics :lol:
I had to get divorced to be in a position to do what I want when I want....I am currently rebuilding an '84 Suzuki 750 Katana, once that is done, the 907, then maybe a new toy.

:thumbup: :thumbup:
Jaffa
'91 907ie (RED)
'78 900 Darmah (RED) (now BLACK and lookin' goooooood)
'82 900 Mike Hailwood Replica
year: 1992

Post by du907 »

Does anyone know what the gold like OEM color is on the valve adjuster covers? Where can I buy it?
Thanks
du907
Duc906
model: 906 Paso
year: 1989

Post by Duc906 »

du907 wrote:Does anyone know what the gold like OEM color is on the valve adjuster covers? Where can I buy it?
Thanks
du907
I used the gold that VHT make,it was a close match.