Winter short tour

creative words or images - your own or by others - that express for you the feeling of motorcycling
fredskidoo
model: 750 Paso
year: 1987

Re: Winter short tour

Post by fredskidoo »

OK . . . OK . . . Nicola 'nuff braggin' - My turn :-P

I'd have to say I'm a little bit jealous of the fine riding territory you have there in Italy BUT use Google Earth and check out northern California's coastal highway 1 as well as anything in the Sierra Nevada mountain range i.e. Yosemite, Mono Lake, Lake Tahoe, Mt. Lassen AND MT. Shasta - Volcanoes are something we both share geographically as well . . . not to mention a few ghost towns
Mt. Shasta
Mt. Lassen Volcanic Park
Yosemite
Mono Lake
Ghost Town of Bodie
and of course Hwy 1
'87 750 Paso 751412
higgy
paso grand pooh-bah
model: 907 I.E.
year: 1992

Post by higgy »

Highway one has a lot to see, East or West,In the west it is officially US route 101 but there are many equally interesting runs all around the US. The only issue is as more and more folks discover them traffic becomes an issue and the ahole ratio rises bringing the local constables out in droves
On the east coast US Route 1 runs from Key West all the way to the Canadian border 2377 miles,100 miles shorter than the old one oh one on the west coast. No volcanoes,but then the west has no Florida keys, No Hatteras, no Chesepeake, No Assateague, No Big Bass, the best in the world,No Jersey shore points, no Delaware water gap, No Hudson river valley and no coast as rocky as the coast of Maine.
Ducati,making mechanics out of riders since 1946
There's no problem so bad that a little fixing can't make it worse! : )
If it ain't broke keep fixin it till it is
88 750
90 906
92 907ie
fredskidoo

Post by fredskidoo »

higgy wrote:Highway one has a lot to see, East or West,In the west it is officially US route 101 but there are many equally interesting runs all around the US. The only issue is as more and more folks discover them traffic becomes an issue and the ahole ratio rises bringing the local constables out in droves
On the east coast US Route 1 runs from Key West all the way to the Canadian border 2377 miles,100 miles shorter than the old one oh one on the west coast. No volcanoes,but then the west has no Florida keys, No Hatteras, no Chesepeake, No Assateague, No Big Bass, the best in the world,No Jersey shore points, no Delaware water gap, No Hudson river valley and no coast as rocky as the coast of Maine.
I beg to differ Higgy - respectfully of course!

Hwy 1 actually starts a the the Mexican border then ends in northern cal at the town of Leggett (where it "Officially" becomes Hwy 101 and the Redwood forests) - well over 650 miles of amazing surfing, monarch butterfly migrations, Monterey Bay, the Golden Gate Bridge, San Francisco Bay - mouth of the sprawling Sacramento Delta draining the Sierra Nevada's, Point Reyes National Seashore (they say Drake landed there), Tomales Bay, Bodega Bay (Hitchcock's film "the Birds") to the very rough and rocky Mendocino Coastline with its Rock cod, Steelhead, Striped bass and Salmon fisheries. Not to mention all the oysters, crabbing, clamming and Abalone.

There are CHP but unfortunately not enough actually as Hwy 1 IS a lethal road and I've lost a few friends over my 44 years here, sadly. Frankly, I don't bother riding on the weekends due to the safety issue surrounding the looky-loo's that don't maintain the speed limits, make sudden u-turns, attempt insane passes, etc.
I've even mounted a canned air horn in my futile attempt to educate and exclamate my frustrations :wacko: .

I personally live 17 miles north of the epicenter of the 1906 San Francisco earthquake (Olema) in the town of Tomales. The San Andreas fault line forms Tomales bay in the photo below with Hwy 1 paralleling its entirety. Not to mention its one of the most popular weekend motorcycle routes in Northern California.

BUT I would love to see some photos of your favorite places Higgy
posted in response mostly because I've never made it over to the East Coast and haven't the slightest . . .

Cheers - Ethan

Aerial map of the Bay Area

Tomales Bay

Classic Hwy 1
'87 750 Paso 751412
higgy
paso grand pooh-bah

Post by higgy »

State by State on the way E,put it in the apex thread :thumbup:
Ducati,making mechanics out of riders since 1946
There's no problem so bad that a little fixing can't make it worse! : )
If it ain't broke keep fixin it till it is
88 750
90 906
92 907ie
fredskidoo

Post by fredskidoo »

higgy wrote:State by State on the way E,put it in the apex thread :thumbup:

I'm confused. Are we starting a new category called "state by state"? Also, I thought this was the "Aiming for the Apex" thread . . .
'87 750 Paso 751412
ducapaso
paso grand pooh-bah
year: 1988

Post by ducapaso »

I can say more:
Today I had nothing to do and I was feeling like to do nothing at all, but...
Have a ride to Volterra and taste an ice cream in a springtime afternoon, is really worth of it!!! :mrgreen:
have a nice ride, Nicola

Black "DUKE" 751582
ex...Red "smooth" 753349 :-(
ducapaso
paso grand pooh-bah
year: 1988

Post by ducapaso »

Sunday throttle opening...
have a nice ride, Nicola

Black "DUKE" 751582
ex...Red "smooth" 753349 :-(
persempre907
paso grand pooh-bah

Post by persempre907 »

On last saturday I went to San Felice Circeo...
Unfortunately, no pic of the bike....
Ciao :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer:
Francesco
Ducati 907IE 1992 Rosso
Ducati 907IE 1993 Nero
Moto Guzzi Galletto 1960 Sabbia
BMW R Nine t 2019