Paso Owner Ramblings

creative words or images - your own or by others - that express for you the feeling of motorcycling
Duck01

Paso Owner Ramblings

Post by Duck01 »

I see my bike in the shed - all gleaming - sitting there waiting for the next ride. The numbers on the fairing still stand out as vividly as the day we met - 906. I think of the miles we've spent together - the places we've been - the fun we've had. :thumbup: :thumbup:
The hours of just being together - doing maintance - putting in new blood & belts & bits - doing all the wash & wax & polish so she looks good when out & about. :cool: :cool:
I think of the looks she creates on other people's face, while sitting at traffic lights, or just riding by.......
I remember the 'little moments' we've had at times - the bits that are just part of her 'character'........ :umm:
I think of how happy she gets when she sees another bike with the same badge thats on her fuel tank............ :D
Memories of the big trips me & the other half have done, all fully loaded up with the pack-rack & tankbag - laden down & on a mission........ :D :evil: :thumbup:
Think of the hours spent just looking at her for the helluva it, or just 'because' - knowing that always a grin is created in doing that...... :D :thumbup: :lick:

And yet - I still feel like a traitor, cos my baby is for sale. :sad: :sad:

The cover she had last night, is now on another bike - which also sits beside her & waits........but waits there with just a bit less character & soul, & with none of 'our' history & past...
Part of me knows that the same 'good stuff' lies ahead with her replacement, yet a big part of me is also wondering if the new bike will end up selling instead of 'her'.............
Hmmmm - decisions - decisions...........which will probably be decided by whoever turns up with some money I suppose. :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad:
Skins
paso grand pooh-bah
model: 750 Paso
year: 1988

Post by Skins »

That's too bad, Duck ... what's the new bike?
Duck01

Post by Duck01 »

Skins - its a 907................original owner imported it here from Aussie, then has had 2 owners here. Needs a bit of TLC, but its ok.
(In the 'ideal world', I'd love to be able to keep both them, but I can'nt at the moment.)
Skins
paso grand pooh-bah
model: 750 Paso
year: 1988

Post by Skins »

:thumbup:

Well, congratulations! and

:sad:

commiserations ...

That 906 is a good-looker. You should be able to find a good home for her.
Duck01

Post by Duck01 »

I hope so Skins - my eldest son can'nt believe I'm selling it, so maybe the buyer will end up taking the 907 instead.............
I just keep thinking that the 906 is rare & fairly unique here, but..........I don't know..........will see what happens I guess. :sad: :sad:
redpaso
paso grand pooh-bah
model: 906 Paso
year: 1989

Post by redpaso »

Duck, I wish I had read this before I did a big sell job on the BMW K100RS in another forum. It is good to see that you are staying in the Paso family but a bit sad that you are moving on from the most exciting of the Paso's. Naturally the 907 should be a better bike & you will enjoy her & the new history you create. I understand your turmoil as I am going through it with my BM & have been stalling on getting the last part that i need before i sell it to a mate. It is hard to part with something that has been a part of youor life for so long. I am sure the 906 will go as it is a beautiful bike (How about some pics of the new girl?) & you can sleep in the knowledge that you are sharing the fascination of paso ownership with somebody else that will hopefully grow to love her as much as you :sad: :eek: :D :thumbup:
Redpaso
"My favourite peice of Ballet is a long sweeping corner"
Duck01

Post by Duck01 »

Gee - thanks Red - the above will just make me sleep soooo much better tonight mate............ :roll: :roll: :roll:
Does help much when I nearly needed therapy when I sold my last bike, & that one was'nt even a Ducati.
(Did'nt want to watch someone else ride away on it, so once the deal was done, left him with my other half to tidy up anything else & I shot through to town.............)
Mind you - if it'd been a Beemer, I might have been glad to see it go................... :toofar: :toofar: :neener: :D :D :roll:
Duck01

Post by Duck01 »

PS - actually Red - I reckon if I was'nt into Ducati's - some of the Triumph range of the late 90's quite appeal to me too, like the Sprint & Daytona etc.....
redpaso
paso grand pooh-bah

Post by redpaso »

Duck, with my BM I was going to get my brother to sell it as he lives about 600km away & I did not want to see the B being ridden around locally by anyone else, especially if they did not cherish her as I do. I am only selling it to this mate of mine (when I stop stalling) as he is an older guy & I know he loves her & will treat her as I have done. It is still really hard to do though :sad:

As for the triumph thing, well yes some tasty morsels there but only the triple. I have ridden both 3 & 4 pot motors & was not impressed with the 4 at all. But that triple is a sweet unit. :lick:
Redpaso
Duck01

Post by Duck01 »

Hopefully mine will go a long way away then too Red - I know what you mean!!!
I have'nt ridden many road bikes - mostly stuff not worth getting excited about away, (apart from a R1 that went like a raped ape) - but I just like the 'look' of those Triumphs, & have heard the howl of the triple at times too. Whilst not a Duke - the still might be better than a Hon/Yam/Suz/Kawa Tupperware sorta thing.....
So, whata ya going to spend the BMW money on then........ :roll: :roll:
(Have'nt seen those photos of your Mrs yet either...........!!!) :D
redpaso
paso grand pooh-bah

Post by redpaso »

unfortunately I don't think it will be another bike just yet. I have my old 1974 Statesman de Ville in the shed that has been on blocks for the last 7 years awaiting restoration & as it is now eligable for club plates I really should give it the love & care it deserves. Probably do some work on the house & the Mrs wants a new laptop as I have the Paso as my toy. Mind you if I could find a 750F1 or 851 that needed some love I may be able to pursuade her that she needs that instead (yeah I know I am dreaming). :laugh:

As for the photos it is really hard to get the Mrs & the Mistress (as she calls the Paso) to pose together. I actually have some good new photos of the Mistress (maybe that should be her name) from my week off but I can't get them to upload because the format is not being recognised (bitmap) any suggestions that could fix this would be appreciated
Redpaso
jomo

Post by jomo »

Duck01 and red,

Must agree on the preferred Triumph being the triple. Test rode the 3 and 4 not long after they came out.

Thankfully I found the Paso soon after. Nothing can compare to a big V-twin booming between the corners, the rougher the road the better, the superb suspension on the 906 never flinches or steps out as you see all the other bikes disappear in your mirrors. Bloody inspiring stuff......and even better when you are thumping some young bloke on the latest fire-cracker! :evil:

Sorry, Just got to go and check my blood pressure!
:oops:
Brake late & brake hard,
jomo

Paso 906 Blue
Paso 906 Silver
Bultaco Metralla GT370 Custom
Bultaco Metralla GT250
Bultaco Frontera 250 Mk.9
Suzuki RMX250