Spend a little time,the answers are here

creative words or images - your own or by others - that express for you the feeling of motorcycling
higgy
paso grand pooh-bah
model: 907 I.E.
year: 1992

Spend a little time,the answers are here

Post by higgy »

Lately I have been finding the time I spend here,answering questions and giving assistance to be more than a little frustrating. Don't get me wrong,I always enjoy a spirited discussion and opposing opinions is what keeps me alive.
But of late I am finding the quality of understanding to be lacking.
seems the posters of late basically don't want to spend anytime doing, even basic research.
WTF? Is it me or have the rest of you seen a similar tendancy ?
Just asking :phone:
Ducati,making mechanics out of riders since 1946
There's no problem so bad that a little fixing can't make it worse! : )
If it ain't broke keep fixin it till it is
88 750
90 906
92 907ie
Jaffa
year: 1991

Re: Spend a little time,the answers are here

Post by Jaffa »

Yeah, why not. In for a penny in for a pound.

You should try some of the other sites I am on at the moment. Such questions as:

What colour should I paint my 2006 Kwaka zzr250?
Do brake pads from my XYR125 still work when there isnt any stuff left on the metal bits?
If I take the fuel cap off while riding, is it possible to stick my head into the tank?
How far from a red traffic light should I start braking so that I stop right on the line?

For me, this site shows that there are more people with understanding of the bikes than not. Yes, there are questions that tax one's patience, but in the main, there is not such thing as a stupid question. Those that ask them genuinely require assistance.

From what I have seen, those "Old Timers" on the site (yes, including you) are extraordinarily helpful.

I know that I have plenty of questions that may be a little left of center, but yes, I do generally research before totally embarrassing myself.

Cheers. :banghead: :truck:
Jaffa
'91 907ie (RED)
'78 900 Darmah (RED) (now BLACK and lookin' goooooood)
'82 900 Mike Hailwood Replica
model: 906 Paso
year: 1989

Post by Duc906 »

Awe, Quit ya bitchn' old man
ImageImageImage
jcslocum
paso grand pooh-bah
model: 750 Paso
year: 1988

Post by jcslocum »

Steve,

It's just old age or maybe time to change your meds? :-)

You should wait until you have spent as much time as Gerhard and I here!!! Take 30 days off and come back with renewed Paso love. That's what I do when the BS meter hits a high.
higgy
paso grand pooh-bah

Post by higgy »

Yeah Jon,I hear you funny I did just change my meds. :lol: :lol: :lol:

I hear you too Ken,thanks for setting me straight :thumbup:

Guess I'll just sit down and shut up :drunk:
88 750
90 906
92 907ie
paso750
paso grand pooh-bah
year: 1987

Post by paso750 »

higgy as Jon said we`ve been here forever and even before on the mailing list which is long before this forum even existed so I do understand you.
Being honest what frustrates me once in a while are posts where guys ask about potential problems they don`t really know if they have them or not and that`s even before they removed one single body panel to take a look. What often also bothers me a bit is the lack of additional information. When does the problem occur, what was already done, what is the bikes setup and modification etc which would all help but instead one has to ask to get a proper picture or like often it´s just guessing and if the guy`s lucky one of the replies is the solution but then again usually these guys don`t even post if they found the solution or what it was.
Probably these bikes then go back on ebay where they came from as the owner doesn`t even know which way round a bolt has to be turned to tighten - but that`s just me being mean. :mrgreen:

But coming back to what you noticed recently, I can`t say I have even though I did several times in the past.
However this may be the reason why long term members in the past one or two years have sat back and moved more into the background. I.e. our friends from Italy and Finland or "the keeper of this madness". :-P

G.

PS: I´m really happy those "16" tire panic" threads are a thing of the past :truck:
jcslocum
paso grand pooh-bah
year: 1988

Post by jcslocum »

paso750 wrote:higgy as Jon said we`ve been here forever and even before on the mailing list which is long before this forum even existed so I do understand you.
G.

PS: I´m really happy those "16" tire panic" threads are a thing of the past :truck:
I remember the old Yahoo list!! Yeah that's going back quite a ways G. It's all good Steve, give what you can and don't stress out. We're not doing brain surgery here and no one will die is we're not here 24/7.
Desmo_Demon
paso grand pooh-bah
year: 1987

Post by Desmo_Demon »

higgy wrote:WTF? Is it me or have the rest of you seen a similar tendancy ?
I believe I made an appropriate response to this in the past, so use the search function. Maybe you'll find it.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

:mrgreen:

:thumbup:
2002 Ducati 748 monoposto
1998 Ducati ST2
1996 Suzuki GSXR-1100
1994 Bimota DB2
1988 MegaPaso 916 project
1987 Ducati Paso 750
1985 Harley FXEF
2001 Ducati M900ie (wife's)
2000 Yamaha YZF-R1 (wife's)
1998 Ducati ST2 (wife's)
1994 Suzuki GSX-750R (wife's)
persempre907
paso grand pooh-bah

Post by persempre907 »

paso750 wrote:However this may be the reason why long term members in the past one or two years have sat back and moved more into the background. I.e. our friends from Italy and Finland or "the keeper of this madness". :-P
I'm here, even if in the background, as G. told.
I hope nobody asks if I'm alive...
I'm only 43, so too young to pass away :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Really, my life is completely changed, so for 2/3 years now I'm very, very busy and too little time to ride my bikes, overhaul them, surfing the web etc... :,( :,( :,( :,( :,( :,( :,(
But, my Pasos will never be on ebay (even if I also have some problem to turn the bolts and read the multimeter) :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Ciao :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer:
Francesco
Ducati 907IE 1992 Rosso
Ducati 907IE 1993 Nero
Moto Guzzi Galletto 1960 Sabbia
BMW R Nine t 2019
higgy
paso grand pooh-bah

Post by higgy »

:thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:
88 750
90 906
92 907ie
lane1feathers
model: 906 Paso
year: 1989

Post by lane1feathers »

You're all a great bunch of people, whom without, I would have been totally lost. Another Paso lives on because of what you guys have posted on this forum allowing me to keep Daisy on the road. Everything I've needed to do I've learnt here through your posts/threads except for one or two things that Protwin has done for me. It frustrates myself when I ask a question of the forum only to see it in a thread a few days later when researching another issue as there is enough info on this site to overcome any issue. I have saved enough money by doing it myself to make ownership practical. My wife thanks you :thumbup:
This forum is a godsend.
Thank you all Grand Poo Bahs, especially Gerhard, for all your advice, knowledge and time.
:thumbup: and patience.
Certainly beats driving. :choo: or taking the train.... :beer:
Lane
89 Dark Blue 906 Paso
Ducati Paso, It's an 'understanding'....
Duc750
year: 1993

Post by Duc750 »

jcslocum wrote:
paso750 wrote:higgy as Jon said we`ve been here forever and even before on the mailing list which is long before this forum even existed so I do understand you.
G.

I remember the old Yahoo list!! Yeah that's going back quite a ways G. It's all good Steve, give what you can and don't stress out. We're not doing brain surgery here and no one will die is we're not here 24/7.

The mailing list used to read more "like a book" plus back in those days I think generally people were more used to having to search for information.
Were there more users on the list ?