A Wonderful Companion

creative words or images - your own or by others - that express for you the feeling of motorcycling
Skins
paso grand pooh-bah
model: 750 Paso
year: 1988

A Wonderful Companion

Post by Skins »

What a wonderful companion my Paso has been for me during the last week or so. I had to get to the hospital to spend time with my dad. If you take your car, you have to pay for parking. I hate paying for parking. I believe a person should be able to take their form of transport to where they want to go and not have to pay, if it’s a public place, to leave it waiting for them. Having to pay just forces one to accept the system, eating away at your personal power, eroding your freedom more and more, bit by bit.

So taking the Paso I could stay with my dad as long as I wanted to.

The Paso was comfortable, strong and gentle, making me feel good at a difficult time, and every time I looked at her pearly white flanks, I got that special feeling of strength I get when I see beauty.

When we could see the end coming, I got them to bring dad home. And when it did come, I all my independence, strength, and respect for beauty intact, and I was able to do the whole funeral (it was a small one) myself, including making the casket, which was simple but elegant, and white like the Paso.
redpaso
paso grand pooh-bah
model: 906 Paso
year: 1989

Post by redpaso »

Comiserations Erskine,

From all your Paso Friends.

A good long ride on your Paso is always a comfort when times are sad. Ride in the knowledge you have your friends with you.
Redpaso
"My favourite peice of Ballet is a long sweeping corner"
Skins
paso grand pooh-bah

Post by Skins »

:cool:

Many thanks to you James, and to anyone else who is thinking of us. I been out on the old girl a couple of times already today. Riding much better, into the groove, without having to worry about dad.

He really used to enjoy her noise.

Went to get his ashes this morning. As I put them into the backpac, I told the lady, 'Last time dad was on the back was only four years ago, when he was 85'. I wonder if she believed me.
fasterdammit
paso grand pooh-bah

Post by fasterdammit »

redpaso wrote:Comiserations Erskine,

From all your Paso Friends.

A good long ride on your Paso is always a comfort when times are sad. Ride in the knowledge you have your friends with you.
Well said, and seconded. I'm sorry for your loss, Skins.
Just because you're not dead doesn't necessarily mean you're living, either.
1988 Paso 750 #753965
1997 Monster 750
Paul
year: 1987

Post by Paul »

Skins,

It's nice to see that your Dad is "thumbing his nose at the law", riding without a helmet :thumbup: .

Paul
KillerB
model: 907 I.E.
year: 1991

Post by KillerB »

My condolences.

Regards, B