huh, would you look at that?

creative words or images - your own or by others - that express for you the feeling of motorcycling
fasterdammit
paso grand pooh-bah
model: 750 Paso
year: 1988

huh, would you look at that?

Post by fasterdammit »

I stopped out at a new dealership in town the other day. Strictly Triumphs for the time being; he picked up when another dealer (Triumph, Guzzi, Aprilia, KTM) closed its doors. Bought the remaining Triumph stock as well as the house mechanic. Planning to expand the lineage, but needs an expansion in square footage, first. You should see all these Triumphs packed in there. Four Rocket IIIs take up a LOT of space. Anyway - I was on the Paso, and the owner was asking about it, said you don't see many of them - he actually hadn't seen one in person before at all. Asked if I "liked that sort of bike" ... like what? Italian? A 90º twin? A sport-tour? I'm not sure where he was going with that.

But standing his shop among all these new sparkly bikes under the fluorescents, I had a sense of contrast. I got a fresh look at the Paso through his slightly grimy window, hazy through the late afternoon sun (not unlike how some models are filmed through a silk veneer to soften the image); the lone inhabitant of the parking lot, with my helmet on the pillion and gloves resting on the tank ... I realized, well, I guess I'd had enough of any conversation. It was nice meeting the new shop owner, wished him luck and promised I'd be back to harass him just because that's what motorcyclists do ... but there was nothing in that whole shop nearly as attractive as my old girl waiting patiently in the parking lot.

It was such a nice feeling to pull out of that parking lot and get back on the road together. Nothing against the shop owner or Triumphs at all, but it was just a 'perspective' moment for me, I guess. I don't think the shop owner got that sense or feeling like I did, but then again - he obviously doesn't own a Paso, either.
Just because you're not dead doesn't necessarily mean you're living, either.
1988 Paso 750 #753965
1997 Monster 750
Skins
paso grand pooh-bah
model: 750 Paso
year: 1988

Post by Skins »

:thumbup:

Good onya, faster ...