Life is pretty dam good!

creative words or images - your own or by others - that express for you the feeling of motorcycling
Marinus

Life is pretty dam good!

Post by Marinus »

I’ve been out enjoying my new tyres twisty roads and beautiful sunny 30o C days. Life is pretty dam good! What a difference new rubber makes. Now I can start working on the suspension. :D

Hay Skins I think I may have this Photo thing worked out now.
Finnpaso
paso grand pooh-bah
year: 0

Post by Finnpaso »

Hi Marinus!

Its very nice to hear, that You have summer there, cause we have here in north Europe winter... about -2C just now and time to maintain Ducatis! still about 2.5 monts to start to use Ducatis :cool: But i am wondering little Your tires: Seems, that You have managed to use rear tire little in twisty roads, but that front one is not so much used in both sides? Is that foto from new tire and rear from little used? :confused:

Btw, Do U have Öhlins in rear, or not so good Marchocci?

I must start to lear more about sending fotos to sites, that You guys have some stuff to see... How does that function?
Antti http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HeKOh3XoXPg&NR=1
KTM 990 Adventure -08 metal dark grey
Paso 750 -89 red/metal grey
907IE -91 red/metal grey
907IE -91 red
2xST4S -02 red/metal grey
ST2 -01 red/metal grey
Volvo V70 Bi-Fuel Classic/titanium
Skins
paso grand pooh-bah
model: 750 Paso
year: 1988

Post by Skins »

:cool:

Antti, go here: http://www.villagephotos.com/ You can register for free. They have the service, and they tell you how to use it.
Marinus

Post by Marinus »

Hi Antti

I have the Marchocci rear shock. As for the back tire it went on about 60km or 3 short rides before the front.
Skins I thought you’d gone on holiday hadn’t heard from you in a while. Must be out doing it.

Marinus
Skins
paso grand pooh-bah

Post by Skins »

Nah, mate, mostly inside and busy. By the way, I should point out the 'Aiming for the Apex' Forum is for expressive pics, poems, stories, and so on, rather than chatting. Those tyre pics are good though, and definitely qualify.
redpaso
paso grand pooh-bah
model: 906 Paso
year: 1989

Post by redpaso »

Marinus, That looks like some decent lean angles there. impressive!

I was only reading an article in an old issue of Australian Road Rider mag yesterday & they actually rated NZ as the best bike country in the world based on their criteria of: 1)Good roads, 2) Safety, 3) Civilisation, 4) English speaking (but not necessarily first language)
5) Availability of good Beer, food & accommodation). So it seems that you have plenty of twisty roads to chose from. Second on the list of "Biker Heaven" was Tasmania here in OZ.

How about some shots of the whole bike preferrably on some of those great twistys :thumbup:
Redpaso
"My favourite peice of Ballet is a long sweeping corner"
Marinus

Post by Marinus »

I just came back from my evening blast. When I got home the back tire was so hot I could barely hold my hand on it. I have been leaning it over even further. I’m about 3mm short of the little rim on the edge now. What a way to unwind at the end of a day. No cars, cops or white lines. Just the flow of the road, the sweet smell of summer and the beautiful roar of the V twin through the country side. 32o C out.
:thumbup:
Marinus
redpaso
paso grand pooh-bah
model: 906 Paso
year: 1989

Post by redpaso »

There is nothing quite as good as an awesome lean on a flat out Ducati on a deserted road. It just make life worth living. It gives you a smile that you can only get from a Paso :D

Ride hard & lean far! :cool:
Redpaso
"My favourite peice of Ballet is a long sweeping corner"
Skins
paso grand pooh-bah

Post by Skins »

OK guys, that is nice expressive chat, but that's all it is, just chat, and this Forum is for more serious stuff. Any further posts on this topic will be deleted.
qldman36

Post by qldman36 »

Whoa, Skins! Under the forum description[that you probably wrote] it sounds like this thread fits right in. :confused:
Skins
paso grand pooh-bah

Post by Skins »

The thread fits it, but continueing posts do not. 'Aiming for the Apex' is for creative written work and pictures (eg poems, stories, and artwork) and which try to express the feeling of motorcycling. Sure, a few comments and critiques are allowed, but not chatting. A bit like the quite of a library or gallery, if you like.
qldman36

Post by qldman36 »

Well, my feelings on this, considering all your[and my] posts that could be considered"chat" to many, many other threads on this site is that you are going overboard on trying to keep"YOUR" forum sterile. You have in the past encouraged people to stop being lurkers and post. Well some of us are posting more and you aren't happy where. Really don't see where this diminishs the value of your forum. :confused: BTW personally, i consider museums a place of great sadness as what is contained there will never be enjoyed in their natural enviorment.
Feel free to delete this as it will serve to further make my points
Carl :toofar:
qldman36

Post by qldman36 »

As a further on this, consider. On the 750 forum moderated by Mike and Jon Slocum. The "Lost Key" thread was hijacked by Finnpaso and myself,in my opinion we had a lot of fun and many others joined in. In fact the last post is by YOU and has absoulutely nothing to do with 750 Paso nor lost keys! All through this, not a word has been heard from Mike nor Jon as to inappropiate[sp] straying from the forum subject. Loosen up.
:toofar:
Skins
paso grand pooh-bah

Post by Skins »

I agree with you absolutely about the delightful highjacking of the 'Lost Keys' thread. But, as I said, 'Aiming for the Apex' is for more serious stuff.
Finnpaso
paso grand pooh-bah

Post by Finnpaso »

Hey guys, dont take too seriously now.... :thumbup:
Antti http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HeKOh3XoXPg&NR=1
KTM 990 Adventure -08 metal dark grey
Paso 750 -89 red/metal grey
907IE -91 red/metal grey
907IE -91 red
2xST4S -02 red/metal grey
ST2 -01 red/metal grey