Cooperstown, NY

creative words or images - your own or by others - that express for you the feeling of motorcycling
delagem
year: 0

Cooperstown, NY

Post by delagem »

Ok, here's a pic from one of the first "shakedown" rides on the Paso following the motor transplant following a severe case of "chain whackitis". Almost 300 miles, man am I glad I was on the Paso, Steve took the 996, aka the torture rack.

We didn't go to Cooperstown to the Baseball Hall of Fame, but rather, to visit the Farmer's Museum, and see the Cardiff Giant. I have been telling people for the past 20 years about the giant, but had never actually seen it. And still haven't, the museum opened 1 April, we showed up 31 March! You think that information would be prominently displayed on their website or something....

Anyways, down the road from the museum is an incredible hotel made of stone, at the base of Otisco Lake. It's in the middle of a major restoration, so I didn't get a pic of it with construction going on. Instead, here's the bikes with the lake in the background.

fasterdammit
paso grand pooh-bah
model: 750 Paso
year: 1988

Post by fasterdammit »

Now that's what I like to see.

Man, I wish I'd caught that email in time - I would've played hooky in a heartbeat!
Just because you're not dead doesn't necessarily mean you're living, either.
1988 Paso 750 #753965
1997 Monster 750
delagem
year: 0

Post by delagem »

Well, here's what I've been working on for the past few days, since I pretty much have finished the Paso (which I can't get my wife to ride, so I'm riding it instead!)

This is my '92 900SS, a 3x totalled race bike. Still relatively straight, despite over 20 serious crashes! The damage to me over the years has been much worse, including broken hip, broken ankle.... The bike burned to the ground at Mid Ohio thanks to Dellorto's non-gasoline resistant carb floats. Rebuilt and raced 3 days later, to a 16th place finish at my first ever AMA national! This bike and I go back a long ways...

Has been sitting in a barn for the past 7 years, since I tucked the front at the AMA Grand Championships back in 1999. Cleaned up pretty good!

Still doesn't idle worth a damn (man do I hate Dellortos!), and the rectifier still hasn't fixed itself after 7 years. But wow does it make some power! About 95hp, due to 944 kit, hi comp pistons, porting, matched intakes, etc. Below 4k rpm it's a bucket of bolts, but get over 6k and look out!