Welcome to the Ranks of the Certifiable

Chat about anything not Paso related here
fasterdammit
paso grand pooh-bah
model: 750 Paso
year: 1988

Welcome to the Ranks of the Certifiable

Post by fasterdammit »

Primarily to our most recently-interred member, redpaso! But hey, might as well keep this thread around as others make the transition from Pasochist to Certified Paso Freak.

I wonder what's next ... only time will tell ...

Congrats, redpaso!
Just because you're not dead doesn't necessarily mean you're living, either.
1988 Paso 750 #753965
1997 Monster 750
Skins
paso grand pooh-bah

Post by Skins »

:thumbup:

Yes, well done, cuz! Must have been in record time. I can't believe it ... they grow up so quickly ...
Duck01

Post by Duck01 »

Yeah - way to go Red :thumbup: :thumbup: - hmmmm - an Aussie thats 'certified' :screwy: - lets think about that for a minute............ :umm: :umm:
And then there are those that just don't wanna 'grow-up'......... :roll: :roll: :D :umm: :neener: :neener: :neener: :thumbup:
fasterdammit
paso grand pooh-bah

Post by fasterdammit »

Hats off to you too now Duck :thumbup: Certified! w00t! w00t! I'll buy you a pint one of these days ...
1988 Paso 750 #753965
1997 Monster 750
Skins
paso grand pooh-bah

Post by Skins »

:cool:

Hear hear, Duck!
Duck01

Post by Duck01 »

Thanks Guys.............. :oops: :oops: :roll: :roll: :D :thumbup:
redpaso
paso grand pooh-bah
model: 906 Paso
year: 1989

Post by redpaso »

Well done Duck mate!! :thumbup: :thumbup:
Go away for a week & everything changes, but hey, change is a good thing :roll:

I look forward to more freaks inthe near future!

To all those guys just reading & not writing GET INVOLVED!

:thumbup: tHUMBS UP TO THE dUCK :thumbup:
Redpaso
"My favourite peice of Ballet is a long sweeping corner"
Duck01

Post by Duck01 »

With ya on that one Red - must be lots of shy members out........ :confused: :umm: :roll: :neener:
redpaso
paso grand pooh-bah

Post by redpaso »

Yeah, I looked @ the member list yesterday & of 11 pages the first 7 (I think) have nothing in their profile, not even their country, pretty sad really :sad: because their are a lot of people reading the forum but only a handful of us actually contributing or even wanting to share a little of our lives. I think we should all go to our profile & update to fill with info, it just makes it a friendlier place to visit & want to contribute :thumbup:
Redpaso
Duck01

Post by Duck01 »

Red - unlike the Aussie & NZ brigade of members, maybe those guys on those 7 pages are'nt proud of their part of the world...... :umm:
I too would love to see this site more active - being a member of 4WD forums as well, ya sorta see a core element at it regulary (those like me that don't have a life, apart from work!!!) - others that just come & go a bit - & others that join just to suck information & get feedback on fixing problems........
Nothing wrong with that mindyou - is just a case of eah to their own, which makes it interesting.
Would be good to poll the members, to see how many are actually Paso owners - then compare that to total Paso's producded, to see what % of owners are at this site.
redpaso
paso grand pooh-bah

Post by redpaso »

I like the poll idea Duck, it would indeed be very interesting to get a figure, although there are those like mike with 2 paso's, do we count them twice or not? :roll:

I have noticed you are into the 4wd scene, landcruisers if I remember correctly. I too have a 4wd the Mighty Nissan Patrol :thumbup: It is the second I have owned although the last carried the Ford Maverick badge. Bloody great cars.....sorry trucks :D . My current Patrol is fairly stock except for LPG conversion which makes it a lot cheaper to run the 4.2litre petrol engine. I mainly have it to cart the tribe about but don't mind a bit of a bush bash every now & then, it is aso good to know you can go anywhere with ease :thumbup:

Maybe you are right& the others are embarrassed because they do not live in this part of the world but it would be good to have a few more participants, not that i am complaining about your company or anything like that :cool: . Maybe they all just have lives :oops:
Redpaso
Duck01

Post by Duck01 »

Yeah Red - into Toyotas - also got a 04 Triton 4WD, that goes well too.
Sign on the back of my Landcruiser (you'll love it :roll: :D )

Toyota - welcome to my world.
I'd rather walk than own a Nissan!!

Oh dear - the eternal 4WD battle............ :thumbup: :thumbup: :neener: :neener:

By the time the poll gets set up, Mike mightav sold the 2nd Paso anyway, but he gets bonus points till then.......... :thumbup: :thumbup:
fasterdammit
paso grand pooh-bah

Post by fasterdammit »

Another four wheeler - very cool. I dig the Patrols - and an LPG conversion is wicked! Nice & clean to run - awesome.

Over here it's not so much Land Cruiser vs. Nissan, but Toyota vs. J**p. There are tons of trailer queen "heeps" that try to look the part but have never seen anything tougher than a gravel driveway ...
1988 Paso 750 #753965
1997 Monster 750
Duck01

Post by Duck01 »

Faster - Toyota have had market dominance in the 4WD scene in this part of the world, since Adam & Eve were getting round in one. Mostly, this is due to excellent product that survives in harsh conditions, coupled with a excellent dealer network.
In 1988 - Nissan came out with new product, that was fairly good (For a Nissan), & since then, they too have had a large slice of the 4WD station-wagon market, particulary during the 90's.
Nowdays, as 4WDs become more & more civilised/less capable off-road - there are more & more manufacturers taking sales away from Toyota, who now - are probably the most expensive Japanese manufacturer here/Aussie.
However, for people who still rely on their trucks to be used hard, day in - day out - Toyota still reigns supreme :thumbup: :thumbup: - & those that can'nt afford that, usually buy a Patrol...............(Sorry Red!!! :neener: :neener: :neener: )
When the chips are down - both are good units though!! :thumbup:
redpaso
paso grand pooh-bah

Post by redpaso »

I like the Patrol because it is a tough & still relatively basic no frills type of truck. The Maverick ran carbys but this patrol is Injected & when I open the bonnet there is shit all over teh place, especially with the LPG fitted. Here in OZ teh Landcruiser was always teh classic "Toorak Tractor" (Toorak being the upper class part of Melbourne- you know 4wd to drop kiddies to school - wait I do that .....no ..what have I become.....help me :eek: :eek: :eek: )
They have lately been replaced by Porsche, BMW & Lexus 4wd pose vehicles :screwy:

THe Cruisers went too up market & with the plush carpet you are not likely to want to put your muddy boots in there so best to stay on the roads.

In OZ the Patrol has outsold the Cruiser by heaps because they are affordable & tough & have better suspension which you need on OZ roads. Do Cruisers still use leaf springs? :laugh: [/img]
Redpaso