Junkie

Chat about anything not Paso related here
fasterdammit
paso grand pooh-bah
model: 750 Paso
year: 1988

Junkie

Post by fasterdammit »

Congrats skins - on finding the next level of Paso addiction. 250+ posts and you're an official junkie.

Not a bad thing to be addicted to either, in my opinion! :)

Cheers mate!
Just because you're not dead doesn't necessarily mean you're living, either.
1988 Paso 750 #753965
1997 Monster 750
Duck01

Post by Duck01 »

Yeah - "Congrats Skins" - you're a legend!! :thumbup: :thumbup:
Skins
paso grand pooh-bah

Post by Skins »

:roll:

Thanks, guys. But I wish I was a 'pasophile' instead.

It's been real fun meeting you blokes and getting to know you a little in this way, and the site is bluddy excellent, but I love her, you see. There is no mrs skins these days, so gets it all.

And she gives me so much back. Her pure power, and the way she sighs when she begins to move. The way her Zorsts go 'whap, whap', and her rich contralto vibrato. And her pearly whiteness is so shiny in the sun, just on the other side of the glass whenever I turn my head.

It's all about her, really.
Duck01

Post by Duck01 »

Maybe Skins - but maybe not too, because without your 'soul & passion' about her, its 'just a bike', & I'm sure that there are some Paso owners out there, that only see them as 'that'........
Skins
paso grand pooh-bah

Post by Skins »

:toofar:

I wanna be a pasophile, not a junkie!
mike
paso grand pooh-bah

Post by mike »

Skins wrote::toofar:

I wanna be a pasophile, not a junkie!
LOL so what shall we make people called at 500 and 1000 posts?
we need a rank to aspire to!
Skins
paso grand pooh-bah

Post by Skins »

:evil:

Who's going to aspire to being a junkie?
Duck01

Post by Duck01 »

I reckon that once ya get to 1000 posts, you're nothing short of being a 'bloody legend'.............. :roll: :D :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

Nearly there on one of the 4wd forums..............(Maybe I'm just a legend in my own mind............. :neener: :neener: :umm: )
wiggs

Post by wiggs »

hey skins,
i gotta love your passion for this make and model. wasn't it bob dylan,whom i saw in aukland airport and was on the same plane with, who said something about" the darkest hour comes right b-4 the dawn"? i agree that junkie can have some negative connotations IF taken in that text but in this case it's all positive. i,m sure you will make pasophile soon.
as with my employment situation the last 2 yrs,just when things looked very bleak things took a turn for the better,better than expected even. always try and stay positive,there's enough stuff ta drag a person down that's not in our control.
with all the humor,help and conversation you've brought this group i hate to see you distressed over this. you have been and will continue to be a true pasophile in my eyes.
cheers my good friend, wiggs,meanie and the boys,bonny too!
Skins
paso grand pooh-bah

Post by Skins »

:cool:

Yeah, I guess you guys are right. Just making trouble, I guess. Don't really need to worry about being a junkie. I managed to quit the weed, and the bottle. The old girl felt really good on a couple of rides in the last few days, too.

Actually, I had a starting problem three days ago. I've always been useless at electrickery, but I learnt a bit about reading circuit diagrams when I installed Jon Slocums upgrades recently - and I was able to find the problem - a bad ground-side connection where the starter and horn share the circuit, in a few minutes. She starts at a touch of the button again.
redpaso
paso grand pooh-bah
model: 906 Paso
year: 1989

Post by redpaso »

Hey Skins, Congrats on your Junkie-dom, I view it as a compliment. I deal a lot with Junkies in my work & they are not good. I understand your reservations about this but if you are going to be addicted to anything the paso is the best thing there can be! I love your contribution to this site, it is one of the reasons I keep comming back. If anyone can change the image of the junkie, I feel it is you.

Keep it rolling, my friend, keep it rolling :thumbup:
Redpaso
"My favourite peice of Ballet is a long sweeping corner"
fasterdammit
paso grand pooh-bah

Post by fasterdammit »

True; there are much worse things to be addicted to. I never could get into any of that ... I knew that I wouldn't have enough money for motorcycles if I did ... :neener: Congrats all the same!

Mike - need name ideas for the upper eschelons of the post whores? :cool:
Just because you're not dead doesn't necessarily mean you're living, either.
1988 Paso 750 #753965
1997 Monster 750
Skins
paso grand pooh-bah

Post by Skins »

The grog was never a big problem, faster. I could always take it or leave it. I just decided to leave it. The hard one was the bluddy fags. Boy, was that hard.
Duck01

Post by Duck01 »

Skins - ya might have to concil me through giving up smoking then......... :sad: :sad: :thumbdown:
Skins
paso grand pooh-bah

Post by Skins »

:cool:

Well, Duck, we're certainly on the topic, and in the right forum, for that. And it would be great if it helped you, and maybe even one or two others.

The first thing to realise is that although, once you're hooked, there is pleasure in having a smoke, that pleasure is very small compared to the benefits you enjoy once you're clean. And the worse you're hooked, the better you'll feel once you're clean.

You can test this very easily - next time you feel like having a smoke, don't. Go without until you start to feel the benefit of not having had one. This feeling will be mixed with the uncomfortable feeling of withdrawal (the worse you're hooked the more uncomforatble the withdrawal) but you will be able to feel the benefit, at least slightly. It's a feeling of clear-headed energy.

How does that sound so far?