British Paso Owners Get Together 2011

Local guys get together? Post it here!
900streetfighter
model: 907 I.E.
year: 1992

Re: British Paso Owners Get Together 2011

Post by 900streetfighter »

Rhino wrote:Don't mean to be an arse but I thought it was a Paso run?

I an NOT - in any way - opposed to any other ducatisti coming BUT if any duke can come them the Pasos will be in the minority. I'd rather there were only a few of us (all bitching about the same thing) - otherwise why not go on a Ducati run? Vehicular support is one thing but a stack of other dukes - changes the whole flavour.

Please dont start the '907 isn't a Paso' debate. :banghead: :) :) :)

on a 2nd read, i think you misread my post, i 'know' other PASO owners who would be interested in a get together not ducati owners, (yes i agree if you havn't got a paso you're not getting in,tho the webber S/SS peeps on here might get upset :-( ). Keep it site only if thats the plan but i would like to see as many paso907zz together and maybe a ride in a pack of identical bikes would be a real crack. K.
Rhino
paso grand pooh-bah

Post by Rhino »

900streetfighter - wasn't aware that there was ever a '907 isn't a Paso' debate. Seems a bit fatuous to me.

Sorry if I misled.

I was thinking that it should be for Pasos and their owners - there are few enough of us and - if we add the usual Ducatisti hooligans (he says owning a 916 with Termis himself) then we might just get drowned out. Besides if it's just Paso owners then we'll all know exactly what each other are bitching about without having to keep explaining the background - AGAIN.

As to organisation/support vehicles I have a large diesel merc estate with a two bike trailer - that folds down into the merc - which I would be happy to bring along. Besides as I'm going to be one of the most distant I could always pick up Pasos along the way !!! Mind you - I'd far rather leave that to the AA and ride my 907.
Rhino

If God rides a Harley . . .
Then the Devil rides a Duke!
englishstiv
paso grand pooh-bah

Post by englishstiv »

Okay Ladies and Gentlemen as I proposed this gathering I am also going to do a bit of in thread chairmanship here.

It's a Paso Gathering for anyone interested in or owning a Paso, a gathering of like minded folk please turn up in or on what ever is practical at the time or trailer with you what ever it is you have in bits.

No bitching or hand bags at five paces on this thread, it's a passion I know you've expressed it now shake hands kiss each others wounds better and start thinking about a suitable venue.

Spat over, it is no more it is now extinct.

Next on the Agenda

The Venue?
DUCATI 907ie 1992
HARLEY DAVIDSON ELECTRA GLIDE CLASSIC 1991
900streetfighter

Stratford upon Avon, Warwick, Leamington Spa are centralish to us all, or perhaps Matlock or Ducati Aylesbury. Presume this will take place on a Sunday? Keith.
Rhino
paso grand pooh-bah

Post by Rhino »

englishstiv - re-reading your last post may we be clear. The meet is for Pasos and Pasos only OR not? Any Ducatisti can come but Pasos are to be the only bikes?

As to day/date wouldn't a Saturday be better? All head there Friday/Sat, meet stay over Sat night go home Sunday. Currently it doesn't matter to me but I was thinking of the logistics of a week-end run.
Rhino

englishstiv
paso grand pooh-bah

Post by englishstiv »

Okay to clear this up if it's a problem or confusion to anyone.

I posted this only in the Ducatipaso.org Forum, I do not intend to post it any where else however if anyone is interested anywhere in the world with the Paso or 750 Sport Ducati range of bikes then you are more than welcome to attend.

If you are part of another Forum and know of Paso or 750 owners there = example... UKMonsterOwners, Ducati Owners GB, DucatiUpNorth etc ........you are more than welcome to let them know please ask them though to read this thread and put their moniker on here so I can keep track of those coming and pass on any details.

What you ride, drive or fly is un-important to me personally as is what you come in, on or with.

All I am trying to do is get us together for a gathering over a weekend or just for a day if that is all that is prefered.

As I have stated earlier in this thread it will be later in the year and I will not start organising it until around late March.

Names thus far are (total 10 todate)

Englishstiv Manchester
DaveM Wirral
riascns London / Essex
Rogero Cardiff
Mike Chester
Rhino West Wales
nnnnnnorman Lewes, Sussex
desmodave Yorkshire
Duc750 Northampton.
900streetfighter Essex

If you have any questions or major issues over what I am trying to do please make your thoughts known it's meant to be a friendly weekend get together for us all on here where ever you are and what ever you ride.

Hope this helps

regards

Englishstiv.
DUCATI 907ie 1992
nnnnnnorman
model: 906 Paso
year: 1991

Post by nnnnnnorman »

i am in full agreement with anyone interested in our type of bike being included in the day or long weekend. the more paso or 750sport or cagiva elephants the better but no need for excluding those interested enough in the core subject to turn up for some or all of the time. a friendly farmers field with basic services ie water or camping site would be good for over nighters. i personaly would prefer an long weekend so we can have a couple of runs as well as a rumble of paso is surely something we would all love to be part of at least once in our lives. i suggested suffolk or norfolk for two or three reasons. lots of space. quieter roads. the possibility of our european friends attending. interesting runs to coastal towns. hopefully good weather. but im totally open to other suggestions. i feal a good base for the weekend is crucial and can or would supply some equipement for catering and entertainment if required. ie a small p.a. for a bit of music. IMHO other bikes espcially ducati and italian machines should be welcome. its up to us to get the paso number up by making it accessable and as reasonably un expensive as possible. these are just suggestions and im willing to help this event in any way i can in the form decided upon by us all. :thumbup: :cool: :)
1990 906 paso red and white
1991 906 paso black and gold
1997 ST2 red
2004 ccm r30 with 710 conversion
175 moto morini road race replica
a box of bits r100 bmw scrambler project
1962 rover 95 p4
1997 iveco daily
a non running xt600...stator needed
900streetfighter

I'd be up for a weekender. The pub we hold our DOCGB branch at nr. Coggeshall, N.Essex has a field available and will do a BBQ on request.
Cheers, Keith.
nnnnnnorman

Post by nnnnnnorman »

that sounds like a good solid suggestion kieth. are there any good roads, runs destinations of note within say fifty miles? without attracting too much derision im happy to do the non carnivor food should any veggies turn up apart from me! :thumbup: :cool: :)
1997 ST2 red
1962 rover 95 p4
1997 iveco daily
higgy
paso grand pooh-bah

Post by higgy »

So when is this shindig to happen ?
Ducati,making mechanics out of riders since 1946
There's no problem so bad that a little fixing can't make it worse! : )
If it ain't broke keep fixin it till it is
88 750
90 906
92 907ie
nnnnnnorman

Post by nnnnnnorman »

as far as i can make out higgy, sometime inthe late summer. are you comming over? you could borrow my st2 if you insure yourself for a week or two. :thumbup: :cool: :)
1997 ST2 red
1962 rover 95 p4
1997 iveco daily
Rhino
paso grand pooh-bah

Post by Rhino »

Right! That's enough by Jingo! Some-one has to draw the line somewhere by damn and it obviously has to be me! Clearly colonials are a step too far . . . What!!

Higgy - you seriously thinking of coming over for the Paso run? If you are then if I take my Merc station wagon as support vehicle do you want to take turns riding my 907 and driving the Merc. We could form a "Paso Support Team". Naturally we'd need to sort out the insurance . . .

(For those of you who had forgotten my wife's from deepest Dixie)
Rhino

nnnnnnorman

Post by nnnnnnorman »

higster and anyone else from all over the paso world, the invitations are going out if anyone wants to join this UK paso spectacular!!!!!!!! :thumbup: :cool: :)
1997 ST2 red
1962 rover 95 p4
1997 iveco daily
englishstiv
paso grand pooh-bah

Post by englishstiv »

So when is this shindig to happen ?
Later in the year August, September, October time?

Folks I shall be sending pm's to all that have replied and shown an interest thus far this weekend just to touch base, see how quick the system works at present and to get some Q and A out of the way instead of loads of obscure replies added to this thread. :smoke: :phone: :choo: :banghead: :thumbup:
DUCATI 907ie 1992
900streetfighter

OK guys, I think I have found THE venue......http://www.thegreenmanpub.ltd.uk/

A pub with accomodation and camping with 24hr WC/basins........in Lincolnshire down the road from Cadwell,
but the best bit is Tim the landlord is a Pasofanatic. Ive known him for about 10yrs when he was converting a 906 to a 907. I've spoken to him today and he's well up for it. Cheers, Keith.