HIGH MILAGE

News and talk of the motorcycling sport, industry and community
pod
model: 750 Paso
year: 1990

HIGH MILAGE

Post by pod »

:) HIGH MILER/ JUST WONDERED IF ANYONE OUT THERE HAS TAKEN THEIR PASO ROUND THE CLOCK.MY BLUE 750 HAS NOW DONE 94,000 MILES.ITS BEEN VERY RELIABLE.2 VOLTAGE REGS A SET OF CLUTCH PLATES AND THE OCCASIONAL RUBBER SEAL ON THE CLUTCH PISTON AND THATS IT.NOT BAD FOR A BIKE THAT HAS SEEN SOME SERIOUS WEATHER.I LIVE IN YORKSHIRE NORTHERN ENGLAND,IT RAINS A BIT HERE BUT NOTHING SEEMS TO STOP THE OLD GIRL PERFORMING.DID FRANCE TO CORSICA AND BACK THIS YEAR.BROKE A SPEEDO CABLE AND THE CARBS WERE ICING UP IN THE ALPS[MIKUNIS OFF A BIMOTA DB2] NEXT TIME I SHALL TAKE SOME FUEL ADDATIVE FOR THE MOUNTAINS.I HAVE JUST WRAPPED HER UP FOR WINTER MY HANDS CANNOT COPE THESE DAYS.OLD AGE AND ALMOST BEING SENSIBLE MEANS WE WILL NOT BE OUT UNTILL THE END OF APRIL, TAKE CARE YOU GUYS OUT THERE
    englishstiv
    paso grand pooh-bah
    model: 907 I.E.
    year: 1992

Re: HIGH MILAGE

Post by englishstiv »

Hi Pod

I think Skins down under has a similar high miler

That's some impressive mileage and just shows that Dukes can be ridden I know a few Monsters that have eaten up the miles and my own did 30,000 in just under two years.

You have your priorities well sussed too with just five posts in over seven years............ :thumbup: :thumbup:

I wonder if that was the Blue 750 I used to see regularly around North Wales at the weekend several years back?
    DUCATI 907ie 1992
    HARLEY DAVIDSON ELECTRA GLIDE CLASSIC 1991
    Skins
    paso grand pooh-bah
    model: 750 Paso
    year: 1988

Post by Skins »

:beer:

You've done well, Pod.

My white one has done just over 60,000 km, half of them by the first owner.
    900streetfighter
    model: 907 I.E.
    year: 1992

Post by 900streetfighter »

My 1st 907 did 70,000+ miles (changed speedo so probably 75,000) before something down below started making horrible noises in France. It just about got us on and off the Dover/Calais ferry before dying completely at a fuelstop enroute to Essex. I had been thrashing it on the final 100 or so miles through France and when I pulled up at a toll the oil light was flashing on tickover so I presume it was ends. When trying to remove the motor the swing arn spindle was siezed so I aborted amd bought Fatbike II which is still running well with 43,000 miles on it.