Post by bobst2 »

first come first served
paso750
paso grand pooh-bah
model: 750 Paso
year: 1987

Re: 7 sets of tires left in canada

Post by paso750 »

I really don`t understand what GT is doing. They produce a new tire knowing there are numerous customers waiting for these for years. Then they ship like what, 50 pair to north America and this only after several guys have kept asking them and now they`re already running out with 7 sets left?!
For a company that`s trying to widen their customer base and maybe also enter the street tire market I find that rather embarrassing.

G.
bobst2
year: 1988

Post by bobst2 »

canada & the u.s. have totaly diffrent distributors. and they order tires seprately. no tires have even made it to the u.s. yet and i dont understand why! did they not even order them.

each country is completely seperate the canadian dist, can't ship tires to the u.s.

the part i find strange is that with only 12 sets in north america 5 that are already sold.

no one emails me trying to get tires :wacko: :wacko: :wacko:
plasmid

Post by plasmid »

bobst2 wrote:canada & the u.s. have totaly diffrent distributors. and they order tires seprately. no tires have even made it to the u.s. yet and i dont understand why! did they not even order them.

each country is completely seperate the canadian dist, can't ship tires to the u.s.

the part i find strange is that with only 12 sets in north america 5 that are already sold.

no one emails me trying to get tires :wacko: :wacko: :wacko:

Their distributors seem to extremely incompetent.

I thought it was just the German distributor I was dealing with
but it appears most of them are like that.

I had to contact to Golden Tyre to get anything done.
mike@goldentyre.ca
year: 1985

Post by mike@goldentyre.ca »

Hi Guys
I am really sorry that some posts that have been put on here are disappointed with what i have tried to do for them!
Firstly let me explain i am just a normal person who has a interest in motocross as my son rides and have been in involved with the sport for 20yrs apprx i found it very difficult to find good honest dealers who only want your money and not your loyalty!
I was approached by a member on this site telling me about your plight in getting tyres i gave my word i would try that i did! I was also advised by this member on a quantity to have ie 12 sets which i am glad i did as it seems 7-8 sets was enough as i am stuck with the rest! I did this for 1 reason only if your passion is the same for your bikes as it is for our sport i was proud to help! As i can tell you i have made very little money from this as shipping was over $2,000!
So from someone who was trying to help i am sorry if you think 12 sets is to be embarrassed by and remind me in the future not to help!
Br Mike
scimmione

Post by scimmione »

Mike, I'm sure that those of us who have spoken to you hold no ill will against you. As a matter of fact your offer to get permission from the US distributor to ship tires directly to me from Canada was above and beyond the call of duty - It's all appreciated.

Anyone who talks to you can see you're a good guy trying help.

Please, no hard feelings. I think if more of our forum members knew how much it would cost to ship you wouldn't have had people pull out, probably just not order to begin with.

Sorry Mike, some may have bitten off more than they could chew :oops:
Wish I'd bought the 990 years ago
higgy
paso grand pooh-bah
model: 907 I.E.
year: 1992

Post by higgy »

I have an avenue which may help, send me a pm on your cost to date and I will see what I can do for you
higgy
Ducati,making mechanics out of riders since 1946
There's no problem so bad that a little fixing can't make it worse! : )
If it ain't broke keep fixin it till it is
88 750
90 906
92 907ie
delagem
year: 0

Post by delagem »

scimmione wrote:your offer to get permission from the US distributor to ship tires directly to me from Canada was above and beyond the call of duty - It's all appreciated.
What was the outcome of this request for permission? I'd be interested in a set this way, if GoldenTyre USA doesn't come thru.

Mike, your efforts are appreciated! It may just take a bit of time, but those tires will sell. Every set.
The $900 Paso: DellOrto's, Dyna 5 ohm coils, Ignitech TCIP4; finally, a new set of tires! Goldentyre GT070/071

The bike is gone, but the nightmares continue...
higgy
paso grand pooh-bah
model: 907 I.E.
year: 1992

Post by higgy »

Yes they will Hang in there :beer:
Ducati,making mechanics out of riders since 1946
There's no problem so bad that a little fixing can't make it worse! : )
If it ain't broke keep fixin it till it is
88 750
90 906
92 907ie
bobst2
year: 1988

Post by bobst2 »

there is only 1 set left as of jan 16/13
just thought i would let you know