Paso production numbers

News and talk of the motorcycling sport, industry and community
DucSoup

Re: Paso production numbers

Post by DucSoup »

fasterdammit wrote:(The book differentiates between non-California-spec models and California-spec models, frame numbers of each at the bottom)
Okay history buffs, can anyone explaing the difference in California spec bikes visa vis the non-CA ones? This isn't a trick question - I really do not know.

Thanks for any clues.
Skins
paso grand pooh-bah
model: 750 Paso
year: 1988

Post by Skins »

:cool:

I think it's to do with emission controls.
mike
paso grand pooh-bah

Post by mike »

Skins wrote::cool:

I think it's to do with emission controls.

ding ding ding!!! winnah!
DucSoup

Post by DucSoup »

My blu duc ain't got no stinkin emissions. It'll probably feel right at home outside California. :cool:

(Once I get it running that is)
Skins
paso grand pooh-bah

Post by Skins »

:thumbup:

Thanks, Mike.

Nearly at 600, eh? How many do you reckon we can get to? Around 1000? Any idea how we are doing compared to other 'one model' groups, or are the figures too hard to find?
DucatiDan

Post by DucatiDan »

Yes it is polution control, I have three Paso's and the California one has an extra hose coming from the top, I believe the cam cover. it has been awhile since I had that tank off to look there. My British model has none of that stuff plus no extra hole for the hose. It is also noticeably quicker.
mike
paso grand pooh-bah

Post by mike »

i removed all that junk from my bike a long time ago.
foxterrier

Post by foxterrier »

Interesting at all...
My red 906 has 000199 serial, but both european and american vin-numbers... What the heck that vehicle might be, any ideas???
Finnpaso
paso grand pooh-bah
year: 0

Post by Finnpaso »

Easy to send USA or keep in Europe for selling. I think it was normal in those times, cause very many 750 Pasos came back to Europe markets from USA... :evil: factory was repared for that in 906 case... MAYBE! :funny:
Antti http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HeKOh3XoXPg&NR=1
KTM 990 Adventure -08 metal dark grey
Paso 750 -89 red/metal grey
907IE -91 red/metal grey
907IE -91 red
2xST4S -02 red/metal grey
ST2 -01 red/metal grey
Volvo V70 Bi-Fuel Classic/titanium
du907
model: 907 I.E.
year: 1992

Post by du907 »

I now see the answer to question I have had for about a year. . . . I have an "uprated" 1992 red 907.
I had may motor rebuilt last year and the mechanic called and asked if I had had my heads done on the bike. I told him I had it since new and no, I have never had any engine work done on the bike. The mechanic said that in all his years and bikes worked on, he had never seen a set of heads that look like these from the factory. Reading this post about the "uprated" bikes, this answers the question. Vin # ZDM1MB4P4NB######
du907

du907
year: 1992

Post by du907 »

After reading the posts above, does anyone have more information on the "uprated" versions that where made from the factory?
bobst2

Post by bobst2 »

i think my 88 blue 750 paso must be a late production it,s frame # 754309 seems very high for the low production #,s. i am pretty sure cal,spec it has crankcase polution stuff & my wireing board looks more like a 906 with the digiplex ignition.
pretty much exactly the same as higgy,s 906 shown in the underseat electrics
thread on the site
Tamburinifan
paso grand pooh-bah
year: 1991

Post by Tamburinifan »

The mechanic said that in all his years and bikes worked on, he had never seen a set of heads that look like these from the factory.
From what I`ve read, there was some porting done.
Not so very good job is the verdict.
Gert

907 I.E. -91
M900 -97
MTS 1100s -07
carart66

Post by carart66 »

Hello all. I have posted a while back, but on another DUCATIPASO.ORG page. Anyways, I recently bought (Apr. 2017) an 88 750 Paso. 33,000 and some change on milage. A ton of paperwork, title, and some history on all the upgrades like the Delorto carbs, Cobra slip ons, etc. One thing I am trying to get nailed down is the production number of my bike. Frame number ...753769. I have the 4 Gold valve caps. I believe the numbers were only 50 built. of the 50, mine also seems to be the Non Cal. US. Can anyone help me there. I live, and bought it in Texas. I am not sure, but was told it may have come shipped in Houston, where it was bought. Last time it was titled was 1997, and only 19 miles on it since, so yea... alot of work, but I have ridden it, howbeit around the block after cleaning tank, lines carbs, etc. Now... no go. Not sure if clutch, or master. I did some of what has been posted, now I have some good grab in the clutch lever, but still going almost nowhere. Some suggestions? would like to get it ready for some retro bike shows. Thanks, Robert.
paso750
paso grand pooh-bah
year: 1987

Post by paso750 »

another DUCATIPASO.ORG
:?:

Robert, for technical issues please post in the P750 forum with some more details about what's wrong.