Help with Fuel system set up?

discussions specific to the 750 Paso

Moderators: paso750, jcslocum

Balarrasa
model: 750 Paso
year: 1988

Help with Fuel system set up?

Post by Balarrasa »

Hi everyone! Help needed! Being, as I am, a member of the High Archycophrady of The Holy Tight Fist Virgin and having an external fuel pump doing nothing in my surplus spares box I'm plannig to use it in place of my faulty one. Problem is its output pressure is about 1,5 Bar or 20 PSI. My set up is petcock, filter, pump, Y piece and one line to Holley fuel pressure regulator and the other one to tank with a 60 main jet in it. My question is about to remove or not to remove the jet? With jet in will too much backpreassure build up and ruin the pump? Without jet will enough pressure reach the pressure regulator? Methinks
paso750
paso grand pooh-bah
year: 1987

Re: Help with Fuel system set up?

Post by paso750 »

That Dell orto jet was Ducatis attempt of regulating fuel pressure. I see no reason to keep it if you have an adjustable fuel pressure regulator. If the pressure would drop too much (which I doubt) you could position the Y piece after the regulator (although then you might need a fuel pressure gauge to set up the fuel pressure regulator correctly).

G.
Balarrasa

Post by Balarrasa »

Thanks for your quick answer. That will be my first try. Removing jet. I'll tell
Balarrasa

Post by Balarrasa »

I've answers, maybe useful for someone sometime. Fuel line orden MUST be petcock, electric pump, Y connection, one line to carb and the other to fuel pressure regulator ( Ducati 60 main jet or, in my case Honeywell regulator at 2,75 psi) This set up works like a charm. Forget instructions with Honeywell regulator. They're rubbish.
fasterdammit
paso grand pooh-bah

Post by fasterdammit »

I replaced my fuel run with the vacuum set up used on the Monsters/mid-90's SS; eliminated the electric fuel pump altogether. (I also replaced my Weber with a pair of Mikuni 38s, so naturally, your mileage may vary with or without the carb swap). My fuel run goes (stator side) petcock -> (stator side) filter -> (clutch side) Y-connector -> (clutch side) fuel pump -> carbs. Works great, and one less thing to draw power.
Just because you're not dead doesn't necessarily mean you're living, either.
1988 Paso 750 #753965
1997 Monster 750