907IE Radiator Hoses

discussions specific to the 907IE
a330us
model: 907 I.E.
year: 1993

Re: 907IE Radiator Hoses

Post by a330us »

As I indicated previously also you can count me in for two sets at least. Thanks Arch.
Jetdoc
year: 1992

Post by Jetdoc »

Am in for two sets, would be great to get this project rolling. Samco or SFS Performance, either would make the grade.

Thanks

Jetdoc
machampshire

Post by machampshire »

I may be in for a set also.
Mark
Dark Matter

Post by Dark Matter »

Excellent response so far to this rekindled initiative!

I have made a deposit of $397.95 (about 265 British Pounds) for one complete set of six hoses with Samco (thru the Racebikebitzusa.com website). This figure was based upon the lowered minimum number of hose sets required to start production (now 15, lowered from 20 previously - so the price per set accordingly went up).

So we need 14 additional financially solvent individuals to man-up (or woman-up as the case may be) to get this done.

Here is the link:

http://racebikebitzusa.com/Ducati-907ie ... g-Hose-Kit

As the Italians say, "Andiamo ragazzi, Forza!"

Loose translation: Get-Er-Done! Or... Money talks, suckers walk (perhaps because their 907's need new hoses). ;)
duc907

Post by duc907 »

I have placed my order, below is the response from Racebikebitz. The sooner we place orders the sooner they start production.

Hi John,

Thanks for your order and payment, for a set of Samco hoses and clamps for your Ducati 907 i.e.

We were approached at the end of last year by a customer from the US that expressed an interest in getting Samco to produce a set of hoses for the 907ie. / Paso and we said that we could make this happen if we had enough interest in the kits with pre-orders (15 + kits ideally) and of course a set of standard hoses to get the tooling/hoses priced from. He kindly sent us his hoses and we got the Samco Sport factory to price up the specialized tooling to produce the hoses from, but unfortunately we have not heard anything back from the customer that started it all.

This of course does not mean it will not happen and I will make sure I contact the customer again next week and get other 907ie. / Paso owners informed, so that we can get this kit made. It goes without saying that if we are not successful in getting the minimum number of kits sold, we can arrange a refund for you.

I will get back to you later this week once I have discovered a little bit more.

Regards

Bruce
higgy
paso grand pooh-bah

Post by higgy »

I'm in just need a week or two to be one of the paid in advance guys
Ducati,making mechanics out of riders since 1946
There's no problem so bad that a little fixing can't make it worse! : )
If it ain't broke keep fixin it till it is
88 750
90 906
92 907ie
a330us
year: 1993

Post by a330us »

OK, I just placed my order for one set although I wanted two but the price seemed to be quite a bit more than was originally envisioned but maybe with enough orders the price will come down. So lets step up to the plate guys and get this project rolling :thumbup: Regards Arch.
Derek
paso grand pooh-bah
year: 1994

Post by Derek »

I'll give them a miss - too expensive for me.
1994 907ie
2017 Supersport 939
2015 Scrambler Classic
1982 Pantah 500SL (now sold)

Scotland
Bruce-Samco
model: other
year: 1999

Post by Bruce-Samco »

Hi all,

First I would like to introduce myself, my name is Bruce Hatton and I work for Racebikebitz in the UK and we are the main worldwide distributors for the Samco Sport silicone hose range.

As many of you are already aware, we were approached early this year by a US resident (we will call him JC) about the possibility of producing a silicone hose set for the Ducati 907ie. After various emails we were sent a set of the standard hoses from the US and got to work preparing a quotation for the hoses and tooling to make them.

We have unfortunately lost contact with JC, but we know that many forum members are still keen to get a set of silicone hoses for their bikes, so the only way to progress was to ask the forum Administrators if we could register and explain the situation, so here we are!

We were sent 6 hoses to re-produce - Hopefully someone can confirm this is all the hoses that you all wish to replace ??

Below is a copy of the message sent to JC:-

We have now received the quotation for producing the Ducati 907ie kit from the Samco Sport Factory.

The MSRP is $397.95 USD for the 6 piece Samco silicone hose set in any of the 8 standard colours of blue, red, black, orange, yellow, Lime Green, British Racing Green and purple. There is also a hose clamp available at $59.95 USD.

We have put the kit on our website to purchase here:- http://racebikebitzusa.com/Ducati-907ie ... g-Hose-Kit

To make the kit a possibility, we really need to sell a minimum of 10 kits before the tooling can be made and the first trial set of hoses produced from the tooling – Any less than 10 sets will not make it economically viable to produce the hoses.

The first set would be shipped via Fedex to you for you to trial fit to your 907ie and then you can report back to us and let us know of any fitment issues. If we do get the 10 pre-orders, then it would be approx 3-5 weeks before the tooling can be made and the first set produced.

We have set a special discount code up of PASO10 on our website, which will give a 10% Discount on the prices mentioned above and FREE Fedex shipping to the USA, Canada and Europe. Shipping takes 1-2 days from time of despatch.

Would you please be kind enough to mention the above on the Paso forum and we hope that we can get at least 10 people interested in purchasing a hose set for their bike.

In the event of some of your forum members placing an order and then us not getting to the magic number of 10 sets, then of course we would be happy to offer them a full refund.

Major selling points of the Samco range is that they offer a full lifetime warranty on their hoses and they are used in every top level of motorsport from F1 to Moto GP, World Superbikes, you name it and Samco is the preferred supplier.

If you need any help or assistance or indeed further explanation on any of the above points, then please feel free to contact me.

We hope that this fully explains the situation. We have already received pre-orders from 3 US based customers who were not aware of the discount code and free shipping and naturally we will refund them the 10% discount and shipping charges if the kit goes ahead.

If we can get a few more guaranteed pre-orders then we can go ahead and get the Samco Sport factory to produce the tooling and make the trial set. I will continue to try and contact JC with regards to carrying out the trial fit, if I cannot contact him, then another forum member has been very helpful and I will work a deal out with him.

The PASO10 discount code will also work on our website for other Ducati Samco Sport hose sets, so please feel free to let other Ducati owners know of this very special offer.

If you have any questions, please feel free to ask.

Regards

Bruce Hatton
Racebikebitz
http://www.racebikebitzusa.com
englishstiv
paso grand pooh-bah

Post by englishstiv »

As much as I would love to fit theses £260.00 plus is way out of my price range,
DUCATI 907ie 1992
HARLEY DAVIDSON ELECTRA GLIDE CLASSIC 1991
Jetdoc

Post by Jetdoc »

Just coughed up for two sets, hopefully this will help this project along. Would be good if Bruce Hatton from Racebikebitz keeps us updated on the number count as this drags on. Hope for the best, darn pricey hose.

Later... Jetdoc
nickta

Post by nickta »

Are the 906 hoses the same? The potential customers would double in size if they were.

Cheers.

Nick.
paso750
paso grand pooh-bah
model: 750 Paso
year: 1987

Post by paso750 »

no see p.2
Bruce-Samco
model: other
year: 1999

Post by Bruce-Samco »

Hi All,

A quick update on the Samco Sport silicone hoses for the 907ie

We have now decided with the addition of a couple more orders that this hose set is now definitely going into production. I am back in contact with 'JC' (the 907ie owner who sent us his original hoses) and the tooling has now been started at the factory and the first set will be sent to JC in approx 4 weeks time for trial fitting.

Once approved, Racebikebitz will first fulfill orders for forum members who have already placed their orders and then we will be stocking the hose in black, red and blue. Other colour choices are available to special order, please see full details here:- http://racebikebitzusa.com/Ducati-907ie ... g-Hose-Kit

To give you all a little background, Samco Sport are the largest and best known silicone hose supplier in the world. The quality of their products speak for itself and today they supply hoses for every top level of motorsport worldwide, including Formula 1, Nascar, British Touring Car Championship, Moto GP, World Superbike, British Superbike, World MX GP and Enduro Race teams to name a few. They are also involved in the design and manufacturing of silicone hoses for many factory race teams and equip many companies at O.E. level.

Every hose is handmade and hand inspected at the factory and carries a lifetime guarantee. There is no better quality silicone hose in the world... period.

If anybody has any questions, please feel free to ask and thanks to you all for making this kit happen.

Regards

Bruce Hatton
Racebikebitz
http://www.racebikebitzusa.com
duc907

Post by duc907 »

Thank you Bruce for helping keep classics on the road, where they belong.