Marzocchi M1R front fork - emulators (Race Tech)

discussions specific to the 750 Paso

Moderators: paso750, jcslocum

Frank.61
model: 750 Paso
year: 1989

Marzocchi M1R front fork - emulators (Race Tech)

Post by Frank.61 »

Hi,

Is there anyone who has experiences with Race Tech's emulators in a Paso front fork? :huh:

I would like to build them in mine front fork but get I contraditory information: Race Tech has a list in which they have a set (FEGV S4102) for the 907 (which has identical parts on the inside, damping wise), but in a return mail I wrote they say they do not have a set for a Marzocchi M1R 41,7 mm (which, for me at least, is a well known fork).

Hope someone has tried it before ... :choo:
Bimota SB4-S - 1984
Ducati Paso 750 - 1989
Suzuki SV1000S - 2008
Ducati Monster 796 abs - 2010
Brutus

Re: Marzocchi M1R front fork - emulators (Race Tech)

Post by Brutus »

Hej Frank, only alteration I have made is a nylon bushing I have installed on the upper spring. It has the inside diameter of the tube and is approx 2cm thick. Works well for me, cause I like hard setting.
Léon
paso grand pooh-bah
model: 750 Sport
year: 1990

Post by ducinthebay »

here is some info I found a while ago on the M1R forks.
http://www.laverdamania.net/emulatorgb.htm

and an old post from Guzzitech.
http://archive.guzzitech.com/M1R.html

Cheers, Phil
Duc in the Bay
1990 750 Sport x2-Rosso Blanko (900ss copy) & Nuovo Nudo (Scrambler project)
1991 907 -mostly stock
2002 ST4s - Lots of mods.
Mustang505
model: 750 Sport
year: 1988

Post by Mustang505 »

I think you better off doing this for the M1Rs.
I posted this in the 750 Sport discussion.

I have raced my 750 sport in post classic for approx 5 years in NZ with just the standard forks and finally found a system that makes them fully adjustable!!! At my last meeting I meet Glyn Robinson who runs Sports Motorcycles now here in NZ. he showed me his creation of valves and components for M1BB and M1R forks that makes them finally work as a proper fork should and fully adjustable for rebound and compression damping. Glyn is part of the Steve Wynn heritage that provided Mike Hailwood the Ducati to win on his return to the IOM TT.
website http://sportsvalve.com/
Glyn has really done his homework and makes a damper rod for the leg that has the useless compression stuff in it. So both forks end up with the same internals and work together. all the parts fit perfect with no problem. i was going to put some pics here but his website has all the detail.

I have bought the kit and fitted to the 750 so really looking for to getting it back on track in 3 weeks time. i will post an update on how it goes.
Cheers
Clive
Frank.61

Post by Frank.61 »

Hi guys,

Thanks for your response! :thumbup:
Both are the mentioned emulators (originaly invented by Race Tech).

Currently I've the emulators on my desk but I will need shorter springs, due to the added length of the emulator + the necessary sleeve.
I will order some shorter springs from Hyperpro once I have the sleeve made on a lathe.
This will take me a little while since I have to take the fork appart once more.

I'm just curious if someone has actually done this change on his Paso (Marzocchi M1R fork).
I have enough experiences with emulators on other bikes (Suzuki SV650, 650 VStrom) and it works nice, but the structure of the M1R fork is a bit different, hence my question.
Race Tech has done it on a 907 but they haven't done it on a Paso 750/906 ..... :fart:

I've a tailor made Wilbers shock for my Paso (incl. the hydraulic pre-tensioner and an adjustable high and low speed damping) and I would like to have adjustable compression and rebound damping on the fork as well. :cool:

Thanks for your responses once more :beer:

Frank
Bimota SB4-S - 1984
Ducati Paso 750 - 1989
Suzuki SV1000S - 2008
Ducati Monster 796 abs - 2010
paisano
year: 1987

Post by paisano »

don't know anything about who did this to my m1r fork - I got it this way. Seems to work well enough, tho... Can't say the same about the rear suspension. Its a weird Fournales? air shock. Really harsh rebound, but I don't have a clue how to adjust it
Attachments
IMG_2026_zps43omrlrg.jpg
IMG_2026_zps43omrlrg.jpg (173.9 KiB) Viewed 7051 times
angelix
model: 907 I.E.
year: 1990

Post by angelix »

Fournales has a Website in french, all manuals are there, you just need to go through them and find out the one you need (then translate it...)

http://www.fournales.fr/notices/

hope this helps!