discussions specific to the 750 Paso

Moderators: paso750, jcslocum

isak65
model: 750 Paso
year: 1990

Removing brake calipers

Post by isak65 »

Hello,

I tried to remove the front brake calipers on my 750 Paso yesterday. Was in for a real surprice.... realized the calipers could not be removed unless taken apart or brake disks removed. There was simply not head room between the brake disk and the rim to remove the caliper in one piece....

for sure, the development Engineers and Tamburini did not have the maintenance aspects top of mind when designing the Paso - but in this case I could not belive my eyes .... :banghead:

The only reasonable conclusion I can draw, is that a previous owner of my bike has changed calipers and/or disks from original ..... or...?
Brutus
year: 1989

Re: Removing brake calipers

Post by Brutus »

Hi Isak, its normal that the calipers wont come off. You have pull a bit at the calipers so that the brake pads will move away from eachother. Then you can just take the caliper off the disc.

Post by Brutus »

Moderator stepped in..? lol
paso grand pooh-bah
year: 1987

Post by paso750 »

kindergarten ...
Brutus

Post by Brutus »

:thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:
model: 906 Paso
year: 1990

Post by Mc tool »

Huh ? all my best work disappears when the moderators "step in " :D I guess if you start a thread by giving us ( me anyhow ) immediate reason to doubt ones mechanical ability and then try to blame that on the bike and the engineer , your bound to attract some neutral/negative comments .Anyone that thin skinned shouldn't be riding a motorbike ...........probly should just stay inside and knit :)
I wish I was young again............Id be heaps smarter than last time
higgy
paso grand pooh-bah
model: 907 I.E.
year: 1992

Post by higgy »

G, pearl one nit 2
Ducati,making mechanics out of riders since 1946
There's no problem so bad that a little fixing can't make it worse! : )
If it ain't broke keep fixin it till it is
88 750
90 906
92 907ie
paso750
paso grand pooh-bah
year: 1987

Post by paso750 »

Huh ? all my best work disappears when the moderators "step in " :D I guess if you start a thread by giving us ( me anyhow ) immediate reason to doubt ones mechanical ability and then try to blame that on the bike and the engineer , your bound to attract some neutral/negative comments .Anyone that thin skinned shouldn't be riding a motorbike ...........probly should just stay inside and knit :)
Well we have 65 year old guys with 40 years plus of motorcycle experience and 20 year olds who`ve bought their first bike. There are also some who`ve ridden bikes for years, had everything done by a shop and then one day decided they`d like to service them themselves and others who know a lot about mechanics and whatnot but are lost on a small electrical issue. IMO the question doesn`t necessarily reflect the skillset.
A comment like Higgys is fair enough if a topic goes on and it becomes clear that the one who asked for help is either lost or learn resistant but it shouldn`t be one of the first replies w/o any other helpful info in it. It would also be ok if it was directed to a long term member who`d know how to take it. But please take it easy on the new guys. Some may be thin skinned and won`t take it that well if their first posts go this way. They will quit posting on the forum and it lives from everyone who participates in it.
Of course everyone who gets a silly comment should be adult enough to ignore it. Afterall we`re not 5 year olds.

PS: to remove the calipers pull the brake pads out first ;)