More metal and screws

Chat about anything not Paso related here
Mc tool
paso grand pooh-bah
model: 906 Paso
year: 1990

More metal and screws

Post by Mc tool »

The latest attempt to stick my leg back together................ looks like a bit of old curtain rail :D , I wouldn't let him near a motorbike :lol: .............actually it feels way better almost straight away :)
Attachments
Hamish_zps23kbl40i.jpg
(55.26 KiB) Not downloaded yet
I wish I was young again............Id be heaps smarter than last time
Fraser
model: 750 Paso
year: 1986

Re: More metal and screws

Post by Fraser »

Hamish,

That's going to send the airport metal detector off the scale!!

Cheers,
Fraser.
750 Paso
1980 Moto Morini 500 Sport
Mc tool
paso grand pooh-bah

Post by Mc tool »

Hi Fraser , merry Christmas an all that to you and the ladies . We ( me and Di ) had to drive to Chch and back coz the airline wouldn't have me on the return trip as I cant get my leg in behind the seat in front , and I didn't fancy trying to even get on the plane . :)
Bluey
model: 907 I.E.
year: 1991

Post by Bluey »

Fraser wrote: That's going to send the airport metal detector off the scale!!
Not so much if it's stainless, or even (which they do sometimes these days) titanium. At least mine never do...

But that's a big ouch so wishing well for you for the recovery and can imagine it feels better already if only because everything has been stabilised.
bmw851
model: other
year: 1988

Post by bmw851 »

It's great to see that the surgeons had another go at plate and screws Hamish, i/o of what was being talked about before, really happy for you that it actually seems to have helped some.
So long, and thanks for all the fish...............

https://www.facebook.com/PDBCustomGuitars
Mc tool
paso grand pooh-bah

Post by Mc tool »

Yeah , this is the 4th graft and bit of metal , and while it feels better I aint holding out much hope for the longevity . For some reason the grafts don't seem to take and eventually whatever bit of metal ( 2 internal pins and one lot of external so far ) holding it all together breaks...........usually through a screw hole that isn't even being used . These orthopods may be clever blokes but they don't seem to know jack shit about basic engineering or metallurgy . I already know that this latest attempt is going to break through the 3rd screw hole from the bottom ( bets have been placed )
Bluey
year: 1991

Post by Bluey »

Yeah, but you want to keep the leg if you can... Sorry to sound grim.
Mc tool
paso grand pooh-bah

Post by Mc tool »

Oh yeah Bluey , but it really was *ucked ,( the ambo's found bits of my femur on the road ) and it still aint much better . After 7 1/2 years ya start to wonder just how much time do I put into it before you give up and get on with life , thing is , I don't believe that , even best case scenario , a falsie would be any better , , but I have given it some thought .............I want a cyborg metal grapple/claw thing instead of a foot .... with little hydraulic cylinders on each toe ( they wouldn't have to work ) , all polished stainless .......with "Gecko" pads, .... yeah......and a bottle opener..............and a squeaky knee. The possibilities are endless , like if you had a bayonet fitting you could fit a foot for any occasion, mmmmmm a big flat wide based one would stop me falling over at parties , a spring loaded one for starting 500 singles , and a padded one for standing on the cats tail ( he loves it :evil: ) :lol: :lol:
paso750
paso grand pooh-bah
model: 750 Paso
year: 1987

Post by paso750 »

Hamish, does that bottom L-shape go inside the bone? I`m also wondering that some screws protrude. I assume around a bone there`s no moving tissue or muscle otherwise that would cause some pain and damage.
It's good that you're keeping your humor, or is it the meds? ;)
Mc tool
paso grand pooh-bah

Post by Mc tool »

Yep , I goes right thru my femoral condial, but I have had a pin right thru there before. Them screws ..... I look at them and think " that's the sort of finish I would leave on a job if I wasn't expecting it to last . Meds ..... , I very seldom take anything much after a couple of days post opp , I have it all here ( severedol , oxy , trammies , DHC ) but they make me drowsy , Ha ha , its hard enough getting around but staggering down to the shed and then cant remember what I was going there for starts to piss me off :D , and anyhow I have a fair bit of nerve damage in my hip/pelvis and I wonder just how much of whats going on I can feel , like before this last lot I could feel the broken graft grating and moving about but it didn't hurt that much .... not enough to stop me doing stuff , but I don't walk far , a lap round the supermarket is about it
Mc tool
paso grand pooh-bah

Post by Mc tool »

Check it out now . Screws ( from the top ) 1 ,4 ,7,& 8 are now broken and I can feel movement ( oh yeah ! ) so the clever wee buggers are going to remove and replace the broken ones :shock: The reasoning goes like this " Mmmm well it didn't work last time so ..... lets do it again ". Next we will try pop rivets and an old beer can rolled up :D :lol:
Attachments
right leg.jpg
right leg.jpg (18.33 KiB) Viewed 16515 times
nickta
year: 1992

Post by nickta »

At least they may let you drink the beer before they use the rolled up beer can?

Cheers.

Nick.
Mc tool
paso grand pooh-bah

Post by Mc tool »

nickta wrote:At least they may let you drink the beer before they use the rolled up beer can?

Cheers.

Nick.
actually Nick , surprisingly I could have had a beer , it was available upon request ( they don't tell ya that tho ) but was limited to one per day , and I do completely understand why that would be :) some peeps don't give nurses the respect they deserve whilst sober .

instant arsehole .... just add alcohol :lol: