DUCATI 907ie 1992
HARLEY DAVIDSON ELECTRA GLIDE CLASSIC 1991
Mc tool
paso grand pooh-bah
model: 906 Paso
year: 1990

Re: Silly Season Again

Post by Mc tool »

yeah but no but yeah but, ...that's about 100 bucks nz and I wouldn't let any of mine go for less than that , same with the tail light lens , chain sliders and other stuff that is now real hard to get new , or even in good nick :)
I wish I was young again............Id be heaps smarter than last time
englishstiv
paso grand pooh-bah
model: 907 I.E.
year: 1992

Post by englishstiv »

I think this auction will give an idea of their real world value. As for the other it's still a stupid price for just a lens.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/292132640259? ... EBIDX%3AIT
DUCATI 907ie 1992
paso750
paso grand pooh-bah
model: 750 Paso
year: 1987

Post by paso750 »

englishstiv
paso grand pooh-bah

Post by englishstiv »

Nice find G I have just ordered a pair. £40.00 delivered, so cheaper than either of these auctions.
DUCATI 907ie 1992
Mc tool
paso grand pooh-bah
model: 906 Paso
year: 1990

Post by Mc tool »

I think anyone punting a Paso should be getting a few spares while they can . I have all the lenses covered but I also got ( unique to Paso ) things that could be broken in a get off , like foot pegs ( rider and pillion ) handle bars , fairing parts etc . I have seen heaps of butchered Paso's and have to wonder how many were butchered because the correct parts couldn't be found ( some peeps may not look that hard ). I would be pissed if it fell off the stand and broke a foot peg and/ or a handle bar because the parts are unique and to not have one available ......... well you wont see my Paso in G's " I have no words " thread because I had to fit Harley parts to get it mobile :shock: :(
I wish I was young again............Id be heaps smarter than last time
Bluey
year: 1991

Post by Bluey »

I wish i charged these prices! Mine are AU$14 each plus shipping on ebay... this goes a long way to explaining why i'm sending so many to the US and UK.
englishstiv
paso grand pooh-bah

Post by englishstiv »

Bluey even at AU$14.00 you items are too expensive to the UK as the tax charged which is rated on the cost plus postage blows the price through the sky. I have been stung on two items from Australia before one cost only £8.00 to buy and ended up £26.00 extra once customs tax and postage was charged.

Same happened on a 2nd hand part from the States recently which thanks to the vendor adding a stupid insurance value on the item cost me an arm and a leg through UK Customs.
DUCATI 907ie 1992
nickta

Post by nickta »

Hi Stiv.

Just curious, but how would you have gone if some like minded person in Australia purchased said item for you sent it across? Would you have been belted by customs and duties?

Cheers.

Nick.
Bluey
year: 1991

Post by Bluey »

englishstiv wrote:Bluey even at AU$14.00 you items are too expensive to the UK as the tax charged which is rated on the cost plus postage blows the price through the sky. I have been stung on two items from Australia before one cost only £8.00 to buy and ended up £26.00 extra once customs tax and postage was charged.

Same happened on a 2nd hand part from the States recently which thanks to the vendor adding a stupid insurance value on the item cost me an arm and a leg through UK Customs.

Yes, the postage to and from the UK is redonkulous. especially for an 8 pound item. The postage is double me sending stuff to the USA for example. And to be honest I always expected Rudy would be the main EU seller - I sent a big bunch to him. But I get a lot of inquiries from the US especially. Also means i get to meet fellow Paso owners - there are 2 within 30 minutes ride of me that I had never otherwise met through the local Ducati club.

Note that for pretty much the same postage cost I can send 1 to at least 8 lenses to the UK. And if you contact me through the forum (not ebay) they are AU$10 each plus postage.

But we have the same issue here with stuff from China. I can buy something from China including delivery for less than the minimum amount of postage I would pay in Australia.