Paint works

discussions specific to the 907IE
Bluey
model: 907 I.E.
year: 1991

Paint works

Post by Bluey »

Hi all,

I've been doing a spray painting night course for a little while now... and my first major project was to change the 907 from crashed (previous owner) and red to blue (all my bikes for the last 15 years have been blue)... my phone camera doesn't do the bike justice (especially in the full sun) and while there still some de nibbing and buffing to do i thought i would share the progress.
Attachments
Left side low res.jpg
Left side low res.jpg (288.57 KiB) Viewed 5512 times
right side low res.jpg
right side low res.jpg (271.45 KiB) Viewed 5512 times
Scenery.jpg
Scenery.jpg (304.22 KiB) Viewed 5512 times
higgy
paso grand pooh-bah
year: 1992

Re: Paint works

Post by higgy »

looks very nice :thumbup:
Ducati,making mechanics out of riders since 1946
There's no problem so bad that a little fixing can't make it worse! : )
If it ain't broke keep fixin it till it is
88 750
90 906
92 907ie
Crumpati
year: 1993

Post by Crumpati »

cost me 3K to get mine repainted, good on you. :D
randtcastell
model: 750 Paso
year: 1987

Post by randtcastell »

Stunning success. Congratulations.
1987 Ducati P750
1973 Honda CB450
2022 KTM RC390
Bluey
year: 1991

Post by Bluey »

Crumpati wrote:cost me 3K to get mine repainted, good on you. :D
Yeah, that's about what i was quoted too... and of course if i paid that it would be a better job than i have done (though i am still to de-nib and buff yet). when you learn from trade professionals you also learn what to look for in the quality of the work :? but this way I also learnt a new skill which is a lot of fun and suddenly I've got a list of friends and family wanting me to paint this and that for nix now. So it looks like i will get some more practice.

I went to a Ducati ride day at Sydney motorsport park on the weekend and I can tell you that one way to stand out in a crowd of ducati's is to have a blue one!

P-)
Mc tool
paso grand pooh-bah
model: 906 Paso
year: 1990

Post by Mc tool »

Looks like a real good paint job Bluey an I gotta admit to a little envy of your skill there ...........coz I cant paint for shit ( I am surrounded by proof of that ) , any how I think all belt drive Ducatis should be red ( said the guy who owned a yellow one ) :? . I think some things have a colour association .... like Ferraris should be red (too ), if I ever had another British sports car it would be BRG for sure ( with wire wheels ) , remember back in the good old days when you could tell the brand of a bike at some distance by the colour .... specially handy if it was wizzing round some race track. When it come to someone elses self built pride and joy the actual colour should be left out of the scoring. Your bike looks real good Bluey . Its blokes like you and Highway89 ( and a few others too ) that provide the inspiration to get blokes like me moving :) ( ugh both #uckin Aussies too :P :lol: :lol: :lol: ) there is no real reason my Paso shouldn't look as good as yours or Highway's SS..........so maybe this year :)
I wish I was young again............Id be heaps smarter than last time