Fork Oil Replace

discussions specific to the 907IE
dennist
model: 907 I.E.
year: 1992

Fork Oil Replace

Post by dennist »

Want to change fork oil/fluid. Looks like most other bikes in that you drain fluid, pump forks to get it all out, support bike so when you take fork caps off springs do not fly up and front end drops, pour in manual suggested weight and quantity of oil, screw caps back in and done, right? Anything particular on these 907's in doing that? Could not find a thread on procedure on forum and Workshop Manual listed on this site does not show it. It does refer to pages 19a & 20a for changing oil with forks in place but pages are missing when downloaded. Thanks for your help.
paso750
paso grand pooh-bah
model: 750 Paso
year: 1987

Re: Fork Oil Replace

Post by paso750 »

There's a M1R manual for download and the 907IE wsm is only a supplement of the 906 wsm. Everything that is missing you will find there. All in all it's as you described.
dennist

Post by dennist »

I just found the M1R Manual that came with my bike in folder I had overlooked from previous owner. Original complete Manual for front forks. Very helpful. Thanks for heading me in that direction.
du907

Post by du907 »

What I usually do is when filling the forks, I put in a little extra fluid. I then take a piece of copper tubing (because it is stiff and will hold its shape/length) that I have made to the length of the recommended air space and using a syringe pull out the extra fluid until it doesn't pull out any more fluid. You are then left with the proper amount of fluid in the forks, at least close enough.
du907