Replacement 906 coolant hoses?..

discussions specific to the 906 Paso
boncer
model: 906 Paso
year: 1990

Replacement 906 coolant hoses?..

Post by boncer »

Hi all..

Found my 906 in 2017 but due to finishing off other projects it's been sat in my garage until recently awaiting attention.

It's a UK model, complete and original (but maybe a little scruffier than I'd first realised)

Anyhoo..
Engine's out for a cosmetic clean up and new belts/filters etc ready to go on.

Looking at the coolant hoses they aren't too bad but I would really like to put new ones on... but can't find anyone who will supply direct replacements for a 906.. However, I can find replacements for the 907ie

So, the big question is.... are the coolant hoses for the 907ie and the 906 the same???
..and if not, where could I find some (or get them made) ????

(My apologies if this thread has been covered previously - If it has, I couldn't find it)

Thanks

Ian. :thumbup:
paso750
paso grand pooh-bah
model: 750 Paso
year: 1987

Re: Replacement 906 coolant hoses?..

Post by paso750 »

No, the coolant hoses of 906 and 907IE are not the same. Two or three small ones are but the main ones are not. Maybe you can try contacting Bruce from https://racebikebitzusa.com/ . He's the guy who helped getting the 907IE hose set made. As so few 906s were built I'm not sure if Samco would have any interest in making a set for the 906 but it's worthwile asking.
Finding a source for an original set will be almost impossible. Maybe if you search for the part numbers of every single tube over (a longer) time you will be able to get a full set together.
Attachments
cooler906_zps61352d34.jpg
cooler906_zps61352d34.jpg (70.71 KiB) Viewed 14220 times
cooler907_zps34e2e2fe.jpg
cooler907_zps34e2e2fe.jpg (90.66 KiB) Viewed 14220 times
boncer

Post by boncer »

Thanks for that 'Paso750'.. Useful info.
Will now try to track down a local place (Lincolnshire) who I've been tipped off will make replacements based on the old ones if the they are still in ok condition.

Ian.
paso750
paso grand pooh-bah
model: 750 Paso
year: 1987

Post by paso750 »

Please let us know if that works out. Others may be interested as well.
englishstiv
paso grand pooh-bah
model: 907 I.E.
year: 1992

Post by englishstiv »

Many moons back I was investigating the value of sorting hoses out for the Paso range and then I saw that someone had already taken the bull by the horns and let it run. I had spoken with these folks at a classic event I went to and they seemed quite receptive at the time they also were happy to see if any of their car hoses could be adapted to fit the Paso range. Might I suggest you give them a call and see if they are willing to help. Easiest way would be to send them the complete set ( or actually visit ) and see what they can do. here is a link to their site

http://www.classicsiliconehoses.com/our-products/

I also spoke to these folks over the phone as i was given their details by someone at a bike event in Manchester as they made original rubber hoses and were keen to work with clubs as their tooling costs were initially expensive but they also had the benefit of doing one off pipes as well ( So find 25 like minded people for a specific hose and bingo problem solved) , same again though they may have a match already in their system that could be cut down to fit? Who knows?

http://www.romohoses.co.uk/

Would appreciate knowing how you get on with them via a PM :thumbup:
DUCATI 907ie 1992
HARLEY DAVIDSON ELECTRA GLIDE CLASSIC 1991
boncer

Post by boncer »

Hi all..

Thanks for the links.. and of course I'll check them out.

I've found a place locally (J S Performance, Lincoln) who will happily produce a set of bespoke hoses based on the old ones.. but they have warned me that it may not be a cheap exercise '..we'll have to produce new patterns'. Having researched the manufacturing process on 'tinterweb I can see there's a lot of work involved.
I haven't had a chance to show them the originals yet (next week) and they've said they'll give me a 'ball park' quote then.

Rest assured, I'll keep you posted on progress.

Ian
angelix
model: 907 I.E.

Post by angelix »

if you can find the original parts then it is the best solution, however there is also the "old way"..... you take the old hoses to a small but well stocked car parts supplier and check for hoses that are close to what you are after, you might need to modify them a little , but with some luck you might find the right one.

This system is valid for the "Odd shaped" one, otherwhise samco has a nice catalogue of several standard hoses (straigh, bent , different diameters and angles, reductions, etc, etc, ) and, again, with a little effort and patience you might find the correct ones.
Spondon906
year: 1989

Post by Spondon906 »

If anyone is interested in hose No.9 from the diagram above, I’ve had one made at my expense out of silicone from,”Leyland hoses” which I’m going to collect in a few days.

All the best guys

Kris.
Mc tool
paso grand pooh-bah

Post by Mc tool »

How 'bout poking thru race car websites like maybe Burton Power for instance . These guys have a shitload of silicon hose T's , bends , reducers and sleeves , enough to make damn near anything ............in various colours :cool:
I wish I was young again............Id be heaps smarter than last time