discussions specific to the 750 Paso

Moderators: paso750, jcslocum

duckman906
model: 906 Paso
year: 1990

Paso race bike - bodywork

Post by duckman906 »

Hi Guys

A friend and I are embarking on an unusual Paso build - the plan is to build up a Paso race bike to enter into it into our very popular Post Classic F2 class.

We have the majority of major parts, but have a dilemma in that we have just missed out on a very reasonably priced Airtech bodywork set (fibreglass) which was going to form the basis of the build.

Just wondered if anyone out there happened to have a set lying around that they would be prepared to sell on????

Also, does anyone have any history of these bikes being raced?

Cheers
mark999.multi
model: 750 Paso

Re: Paso race bike - bodywork

Post by mark999.multi »

wow this is a post that i will follow for sure.... it's also my idea to convert my Paso into a race bike....
Suzuki GSX-R 600 '00 (ex)
Ducati 999 '05 only track
Cagiva Elefant 750 '95 (ex)
Ducati Multistrada 1200S Sport 2012 (ex)
Ducati Multistrada Enduro 2016
Ducati Paso 750 '90
Mc tool
paso grand pooh-bah
model: 906 Paso

Post by Mc tool »

:D Where abouts in NZ you live ?. Dunno much about a Paso race history , but I wouldnt let the fact that no one ever thought it was a good plan stop you having a go :D ....but why not , cool bike , low to moderate budget required, and I guess if your in it for the fun you have the right bike .
Hamish
I wish I was young again............Id be heaps smarter than last time
mark999.multi

Post by mark999.multi »

I saw on web site the price for a complete set of fairing for our Paso..... delivered in Italy cost almost 900€!!.... :wacko: :wacko: :wacko: :wacko: :wacko: :wacko:
very expensive!!!
Anyone knows another brand for Paso fairings? in Italy we have some famous brand for race fairings, but nobody make complete set for ducati paso..... :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:
Suzuki GSX-R 600 '00 (ex)
Ducati 999 '05 only track
Cagiva Elefant 750 '95 (ex)
Ducati Multistrada 1200S Sport 2012 (ex)
Ducati Multistrada Enduro 2016
Ducati Paso 750 '90
englishstiv
paso grand pooh-bah
model: 907 I.E.
year: 1992

Post by englishstiv »

Competition Airtec doesn't seem that expensive if you only want the front side panels, there are loads of cheap rear panels around and even the top fairings are fairly common mix and match could be the way to go?

https://airtech-streamlining.com/ducati ... 991-92.htm

If it helps any I have my bodywork apart and awaiting repaint later this year maybe try these companies in the UK to see if they could make suitable copy using mine as a mould copy. It is pretty easy to make a mould and if its for race purposes can you not make it in two halves etc. Not sure about the regs, I know it would certainly be lighter in weight.

http://www.jhsracing.co.uk/race-fairings-bodywork/

https://classic-motorcycle-fiberglass.com/stock.htm
DUCATI 907ie 1992
HARLEY DAVIDSON ELECTRA GLIDE CLASSIC 1991
Ronald
year: 1986

Post by Ronald »

No idea whether you're still looking for bodywork for your race Paso, but I happened to see Duc-Only in the Netherlands is offering a complete set for only €200.

https://www.marktplaats.nl/a/motoren/on ... ousPage=lr

I have good experiences with this parts trader as I've bought some parts for my 1992 750 Supersport last year. They ship abroad. Good luck!
Ronald
year: 1986

Post by Ronald »

Hmm, I just saw you're in New Zealand. Not sure whether shipping from Holland makes sense then :)