what am i missing?

discussions specific to the 907IE
oceanhunter
model: 907 I.E.
year: 1992

what am i missing?

Post by oceanhunter »

Hi to every one here,hope all the northern guys/girls are hunkering down for winter and the southerners are beginning to enjoy summer!!
Need some help/input on a issue!!
Had the old girl apart awhile ago doing shims ,got all together and run fine but when running on the road she runs on and idles fast
when pulling up or between gear shifts,had issue with lean burn on rear cylinder showing on the test lambda probe ,i have checked for
air leaks on intake side and injectors are good as is the spark plug colour so i figured could be pulling air at exhaust manifold as i have not replaced copper ring.The balance was done with home made mercury gauge which i have done a few times and not had issues before,have borrowed a mates dial gauge vacuum set just haven't been motivated enough to get it done !!So yet to double check balance! P.s compression is good and even both wet and dry test!
Thanx for all and any feed back,
"keeping the shiney side up"
higgy
paso grand pooh-bah

Re: what am i missing?

Post by higgy »

It is quite common for the radiator hose to swell and interfere with the throttle assembly. Wire tie around the hose and frame is the quickest solution.Get a decent wide wire tie of good quality or get used to doing it often as in almost everytime you take the ol girl for a romp
Best to remove the tank to do it properly although it can be cheated once you know what to do
Ducati,making mechanics out of riders since 1946
There's no problem so bad that a little fixing can't make it worse! : )
If it ain't broke keep fixin it till it is
88 750
90 906
92 907ie
oceanhunter

Post by oceanhunter »

Thanks Higgie, i do have a large zip tie on it but it could be softening with the heat, i will revisit that !!
oceanhunter

Post by oceanhunter »

For anyone thats interested i found my issue ! After much frustration i have found that when setting the TPS (150milli volts) that when the idle screw was set for idle around 300mv the potentiometer was giving irregular return signal voltage,this would vary wildly from 270 to 340mv , i didnt think this would be an issue earlier when noticed during fault finding as i thought being such a fine setting in the overall picture that its arbitrary,BUT it was not,clutching at straws i ordered a new TPS fitted and bingo,PERFECT !! So conclusion ? BAD TPS even though it appeared ok over the rest of the range it must REALLY effect either ignition timing to cause the running on when throttle was shut.
higgy
paso grand pooh-bah

Post by higgy »

:beer: :beer: Great job :lol:
Ducati,making mechanics out of riders since 1946
There's no problem so bad that a little fixing can't make it worse! : )
If it ain't broke keep fixin it till it is
88 750
90 906
92 907ie