discussions specific to the 750 Paso

Moderators: paso750, jcslocum

ducinthebay
paso grand pooh-bah
model: 750 Sport
year: 1990

Fork Brace - found

Post by ducinthebay »

I searched high and low for a fork brace, and sent out the basic dimensions to a lot of companies, but they all responded back saying the same thing. They don't/won't make anything for the Paso. After a bit of snooping, I finally found one that does fit.

I have confirmed, and installed, a fork brace designed to fit the Suzuki SV 650, up to the 2002 model year. It has the same 60mm clamp area and 205mm fork spacing as the Paso. From 2003 on, the fork clamp area of the SV increased to 63mm, but with the same 205mm spacing, so it won't work unless you shim it up. Almost all the other bikes that had 60mm sliders were much narrower(of the ones that I could confirm)

Several makers of fork braces produce one for the SV 650, including Tarozzi, SuperBrace, and the nicest one of them all, the Hole Shot.

I recieved this e-mail from Dale Walker at HoleShot
"I have two older styles left in stock and I would sell you one for $125.00 if you sent me a Money order in my name. UPS $10.00
I will no longer be making the one for the older bike
Call me if you want it please 831-761-2808"
http://www.holeshot.com/sv650/forkbrace.html

The Marzocchi fork has a bunch of space to mount a brace without any interferance. If you have switched to a 17" front tire, the fork brace would make a handy place to mount a fender, which is what I intend to do. (Monster fender)

Those who have installed a fork brace says that it helps to tighten up the front end. With the damping seperated in the legs of the M1R fork, I would think that a bit of bracing would be a good thing. That 17mm axle isn't going to keep the whole show straight. I'll let you know after I take it for a test ride this Saturday.

Phil
90 Sport w/ 907 front end.
Duc in the Bay
1990 750 Sport x2-Rosso Blanko (900ss copy) & Nuovo Nudo (Scrambler project)
1991 907 -mostly stock
2002 ST4s - Lots of mods.
micklm
model: 906 Paso
year: 1989

Re: Fork Brace - found

Post by micklm »

An update on fork braces, also for 906 owners.

I used this information from the duc-in-the-bay (thanks!) and some web searching to convince myself to try a Tarozzi fork brace for the Suzuki model recommended (Suzuki SV650 1998-2000).

It fits to a 906 with no problems so far (I haven't test ridden it properly as I am in the middle of a 17inch wheel conversion saga).

Got it from http://www.fastfromthepast.com/servlet/ ... 650/Detail

Won't say anything about if there is any real benefit - but it looks to be a great place to mount a new mudguard (if only I can get the radiator clearance sorted :)

Cheers,

Mick