Looking to start a meet

Local guys get together? Post it here!
pikey

Looking to start a meet

Post by pikey »

I'm from Youngstown Ohio, and I am looking for fellow paso riders to meet and ride with. I have never seen or heard of any paso's in my area, so if you live nearby feel free to pm me or post here.

thanks alot!.....pikey
spaynenda
model: 750 Paso
year: 1988

Post by spaynenda »

Looks like yer kinda alone out there, Pikey. What a shame 'cause time's running out for you Midwesterners. :D I remember from my Michigan days, back in the '60s & '70s.

Not sure how close you are to Cincinnati, but I have a friend who works for Koni (Covington area?), and who likes to ride his 748 on southern Ohio's great back roads.
Make it a good day,
Sheldon
'88 Paso
'62 200 GT
'78 Laverda 3CL Jarama
'84 Laverda RGS 1000
pikey

Post by pikey »

I am from the most northeastern portion of ohio. and as far as running out of time goes there is no such thing as I will ride as long as the roads are ice free. so I ride most of the winter as long as theres no snow.
spaynenda

Post by spaynenda »

Impressive & heroic, Pikey. That kind of enthusiasm is infectious, so you should have no trouble attracting other enthusiasts, perhaps by posting a note at the local Ducati shop (old fashioned approach, but maybe effective).

Once, while riding home from work in my "Michigan era," I passed a fellow riding the other way on a Norton John Player Special. He waved, as I was on a "cafe'd" bike -- rather unusual for that place and time-- then turned around, caught up to me and waved me over. We chatted, and I ended up inviting him home for a look in my garage. My wife made dinner, and he and I have been friends ever since. (We now live in different parts of California, but still keep in touch and usually meet at Laguna Seca every year.)

Good riding...
Make it a good day,
Sheldon
'88 Paso
'62 200 GT
'78 Laverda 3CL Jarama
'84 Laverda RGS 1000
pikey

Post by pikey »

How outstanding! I love to hear stories like that. It further supports my belief that motorcycling is more than a hobby, but more of a bonding element amongst those whom understand the passion.
As far as going to the local ducati shop goes the nearest one is a little over an hour away, I guess it gives me an exuse to go for a long ride after I get this clutch problem of mine sorted out.

keep your knees in the wind!
-pikey
redpaso
paso grand pooh-bah
model: 906 Paso
year: 1989

Post by redpaso »

That kind of thing just does not happen when you drive a car.

I remember years ago when I used to daily commute 170km each way to work being pulled over by the Highway Patrol Officer because he had travelled up the Highway as I was heading down each day. He pulled me over just for a chat because he was a fellow K100 rider & to find out why I was riding this road daily. After that we used to chat on the side of the road every week or two & ride together regularily until he was posted 1500km away. We are still in touch now & Never would have met if I was commuting in a car.
Redpaso
"My favourite peice of Ballet is a long sweeping corner"
pikey

Post by pikey »

One of my favorite times to ride is early in the morning, before the traffic has picked up for the day. On the particular route that I like to take I notice there happen to be a lot of small children waitng for the school bus. every time I ride by, all the kids shout and point. its amazing to see how exited these kids get when they see the paso go by. I have never seen another paso in person, and most people where I am from have never seen one at all. in this time of beautiful modern sports bikes its awesome to see that the paso still inspires such awe. It truly is a timeless piece of art.

-pikey
spaynenda

Post by spaynenda »

Interesting you should say that about the look of a Paso, Pikey, because where I work there are a number riders (15 out of 65 total employees) who are also designers. What's amazing is that several of the younger ones have remarked that the design of the Paso looks new again! How cool is that? :cool: Truly, I also believe that despite the criticisms of many Ducatisti, the Paso is a beautiful and timeless original design.
Make it a good day,
Sheldon
'88 Paso
'62 200 GT
'78 Laverda 3CL Jarama
'84 Laverda RGS 1000
pikey

Post by pikey »

From what I understand even hardcore ducati purists are begining to appreciate the paso for what it is: a landmark in engineering and design. so when the rest of the world catches on we'll be there to say "We told you so!"