big discounts for paso forum members

Paso items for sale or wanted
Group members may list non-paso classified ads
wiggs

big discounts for paso forum members

Post by wiggs »

not sure if this is the place for this but here goes. we have some nice reproduction ads from the past on ebay right now. # 7958044983 will get you to the beveldrive pics. click on "view sellers other items" for other brands. some go back to '49 up thru the mid '70's. sorry, no paso stuff yet but some interesting ads just the same. 20% discount for forum members. read the ad, these are on very good quality paper and suitable for framing. if interested contact me at guzzi@udata.com.
if this is frowned upon my apologies, it may not happen again.thanks, mike&melody
wiggs

discounts---- oops

Post by wiggs »

gave the wrong number for beveldrive stuff . that would be #7958046134 for ducati. the other will take you to the bmw ads. sorry. m+m
fasterdammit
paso grand pooh-bah
model: 750 Paso
year: 1988

Post by fasterdammit »

Wiggs, I don't think it's a problem to post if you're going to hook us up with a 20% discount. ;)

I believe I'll be taking you up on an order shortly, myself. :D Nice product! Any chance I could mix & match?
Just because you're not dead doesn't necessarily mean you're living, either.
1988 Paso 750 #753965
1997 Monster 750
wiggs

Post by wiggs »

hey faster-than- most,
yes, you can mix and match any of them as long as it's 4 or more. can do a 450 jupiter and 450 street also( not shown). and there is more we can find. anything particular you're looking for that you don't see.
let us know what you want,when you want it and where you want it to go. the ad says no checks but that is just to keep the low-lifes at bay, we accept checks from honest folks.
shipping is very expensive for yankee fans,something to consider!
regards, mike+meanie
Skins
paso grand pooh-bah

Post by Skins »

gidday wiggsy,

sounds like you're doing something good here. I'll have to have a look myself.

Re suitability of the post: It's Mike's call, but my opinion is it would be cooler in Classifieds. Good luck!
wiggs

Post by wiggs »

hi skins,
well, i guess i agree but when i looked at the classified it said paso related and that's when i wasn't real sure where to post the ad. didn't mean to goof-up if i did , just wanted to get the word out in case someone doesn't look at ebay or ebay manuals and literature.
i have alot of framed pictures in my garage and thought other folks might like to do the same. i used to take pictures from magazines and frame but over time,sometimes not a long time, the paper would get wrinkley looking. i even started to buy frames with non-glare glass.
what we have here is a nice thick premium plus photo paper,thickest i could find at 11.5 mil . it's a soft gloss to help with the glare and is advertised to resist fading up to 115 yrs! (how they know that i don't know).
so with this soft gloss thick paper,combined with the non glare glass , i think it will make for some classy looking pictures in a shop.please take into account this is only my opinion.
i did sell some bsa pics to a gent in england and the post was $4 for a set of 4 pics. that's only a buck and a half more than s&h stateside, if that helps estimated shipping to the north island.
the picture i took of them on the table wasn't very good. i can email a copy photo if someone wants to see the real quality. and yes, there is a money-back guarantee if not 100% satisified.
thanks for looking, mike & melody
Skins
paso grand pooh-bah

Post by Skins »

Sounds good, wiggs. I see your point about Classified and Paso stuff. No offence,mate, but I still think that's where we should sell stuff. But that's just me.

That 11.5 mil would be milli-inches, I guess? We're so used to metric over here now, mil means millimeters to us.
mike
paso grand pooh-bah

Post by mike »

anyone who is willing to give anyone in this organization a discount is ok in my book. :thumbup:
wiggs

Post by wiggs »

but mike, should i have posted this under classified? just wasn't real sure where , if any , was the correct place to put this.
Skins
paso grand pooh-bah

Post by Skins »

:thumbup:

Hey Wiggs, relax! I'm sure it's OK.

I really enjoyed your 'garage' post, mate!
mike
paso grand pooh-bah

Post by mike »

wiggs wrote:but mike, should i have posted this under classified? just wasn't real sure where , if any , was the correct place to put this.
I'll move to 'classified'

- Mike
fasterdammit
paso grand pooh-bah

Post by fasterdammit »

wiggs wrote:hey faster-than- most,
yes, you can mix and match any of them as long as it's 4 or more. can do a 450 jupiter and 450 street also( not shown). and there is more we can find. anything particular you're looking for that you don't see.
let us know what you want,when you want it and where you want it to go. the ad says no checks but that is just to keep the low-lifes at bay, we accept checks from honest folks.
shipping is very expensive for yankee fans,something to consider!
regards, mike+meanie
Cool! I'll be making a purchase shortly - you'll recognize the buyer's name, I'm sure. ;) I'll just make a note on my order - if you don't mind mixing & matching! I appreciate it!

P.S. Were the Yankees in the Superbowl this year? Good thing I only follow MotoGP, I guess ... ;)
1988 Paso 750 #753965
1997 Monster 750
wiggs

Post by wiggs »

yup, it was pretty much a yankee (not Yankee) superbowl as both teams were from the north! with the doe big george spends on his Yankees he probably thinks they should have been in the superbowl.
i'll mix and match about anything you want. may be best to order off ebay unless you prefer to pay with pay pal. also just listed some bsa pre-unit stuff , super rocket,gold star etc. ( i've owned both) and even have some rocket gold star brochures from the early '60's to use. please be sure to let me know you are a list member.
still in the red on this project. it was my "get rich quick scheme" , well, o.k., not real rich and not real quick!! like most of my endeavors, it's more of the love of the hobby than the money but it would like to break even, maybe!!!!!!!!
fasterdammit
paso grand pooh-bah

Post by fasterdammit »

wiggs wrote:i'll mix and match about anything you want. may be best to order off ebay unless you prefer to pay with pay pal.
I figured I'd use PayPal, if that's alright with you? I'll remind ya who I am via ebay, don't worry. ;)
1988 Paso 750 #753965
1997 Monster 750
fasterdammit
paso grand pooh-bah

Post by fasterdammit »

Mike & Mel -
Got the prints (and the dollar! hahaha) - nice stuff! I appreciate your 'mixing & matching' for me - you've got a satisfied customer. Thanks for shipping it like you did too - they arrived molestation-free. :thumbup: Also, I like that you didn't print right to the edges - the border leaves some room for matting to frame them. Now I just need to find some period frames or something ...

To anybody else, it looks like these are scans from original print ads - right, Mike? Nicely preserved, but not immaculate print ads - so there are some very slight imperfections but I think it ads to the character, to be honest. Like Mike said, these are 30-50 year old print ads, so ... do the math. Cool paper, too.

Keep us posted Mike, I'd be interested to see what other stuff you come up with. It'd be cool if you could put together a chronologically correct historical run of ads. Even if they weren't 8x10 prints, I could see having a framed set of 5x7 ad reproductions that spanned 5-6 years' worth of chronologically sequenced ads. Especially all framed together.

I guess I should post some pictures of my 'shrine' ... "Daddy's room" as Mrs. Faster calls it. Where she doesn't care how many motorcycle posters, ads, miniatures or paraphrenalia I hang on the walls ... :D

Thanks again!
Jake
1988 Paso 750 #753965
1997 Monster 750