New tires ?

discussions specific to the 750 Paso

Moderators: paso750, jcslocum

ValPaso75
model: 750 Paso
year: 1987

Re: New tires ?

Post by ValPaso75 »

I sell one on e-bay starting price eur 100 (1 offer for the moment)
I sold one on subito.it fix price eur 150 :thumbup: :thumbup:

so now I have money to buy the new tires :lol:
duke900
year: 1988

Post by duke900 »

good news! :)

But if big scooters have 15" wheels, i always have a believe that in near future some maker will adopt 16" in their line of scooters, its not the case yet...

But its very good news and we all can keep the paso with wright tires!

:thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:
randtcastell

Post by randtcastell »

"But if big scooters have 15" wheels, i always have a believe that in near future some maker will adopt 16" in their line of scooters, its not the case yet..."

A Suzuki Bergman 650 has 16" wheels as well as a Aprilla Scooter. Pirelli makes a 140/70 r16 Diablo for them.
1987 Ducati P750
1973 Honda CB450
2022 KTM RC390
duke900

Post by duke900 »

randtcastell wrote:"But if big scooters have 15" wheels, i always have a believe that in near future some maker will adopt 16" in their line of scooters, its not the case yet..."

A Suzuki Bergman 650 has 16" wheels as well as a Aprilla Scooter. Pirelli makes a 140/70 r16 Diablo for them.
Not the wright sizes for Paso...and with the incresed power in scooter 140 is too small.

;)
bobst2

Post by bobst2 »

checked out canadian dealers turns out there is on within 60KM of my house. so if they are not available in the u.s. i live close to the border and would arrange to ship sum down to members. i put a call in to the dealer but the fellow wont be in untill saturday. i may go out & see him i will post results.

mabey we can do a north anerican group buy & save a few bucks
whitepaso

Post by whitepaso »

I cannot believe it! Its like Christmas in January. Now I can keep my old Duc on the road for my son to enjoy (maybe) :shock:
Andrew2
paso grand pooh-bah
model: 750 Sport

Post by Andrew2 »

I hope there's an Australian distributor to bring some in otherwise I may be asking for a favour from someone ;) :lol: :lol:

Cheers
Andrew
hardo
year: 0

Post by hardo »

paso750 wrote:

This is indeed good news! :thumbup: I would have bet there wouldn`t be any replacement ever.

G.
yes G., i agree 100%. i thought that the probability that we live on the moon next year is higher.....

for you guys from australia and kanada / US: Should not be a problem, if delticom (cf. e-mail from goldentires.it) will distribute them (they are an online platform), delticom can send them all over the world. It will come along with some costs, but in that case, you do not need to pay and care about your local dealer. Just order them directly. If they do not send directly to australia etc., I can help you and send them to you guys. we will manage somehow.

this news is indeed like christmas.....

all the best hardo
bobst2

Post by bobst2 »

delticom north america is in portland oregon. according to there web site.
who would of thought a bunch of men from all around the world could get so excited
about some scooter tires lolol but it is great news :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:
hardo
year: 0

Post by hardo »

I did not get the story with the scooter tires yet.

Even tough the company produces scooter tires, the tires we are talking about are not for 15' wheels and R-rated but have the proper z-rating (zr-rating because they are radial tires) and have the right size too (130/60 and 160/60/16). Also the load facto is right. I mailed to the company, these tires are not produced for a particular scooter, but for the old 16 wheel ducatis, that is at least what I understood from the mail.

Hence it is not again a discussion again of using some (e.g., Pirelli) scooter tires with wrong speed and load index made for a total different purpose and a different (smaler) rim.
Last edited by hardo on Sat Jan 28, 2012 9:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ValPaso75

Post by ValPaso75 »

hardo wrote: these tires are not produced for a particular scooter, but for the old 16 wheel ducatis, that is at least what I understood from the mail.
Hi I'm Italian and I write them,
I confirm you that they decide to produce these tires for old-ducati and not for scooter :beer:

I hope to be one of the first buyers

than I'll inform you about impressions :wacko:
pasoalf

Post by pasoalf »

Hi,
Sent them an email day before yesterday just to say thank you. I think would be fair to let them know that there are people all over the world which are grateful that they are offering a solution. (so far no one bothered about).
So don't be shy and write them. And even more important support them wherever possible. Buy tires......

just as reminder

www.goldentyre.itinfo@goldentyre.it
Paso 750/ 1987
Paso 906/ 1992
randtcastell

Post by randtcastell »

I wrote them an email as well thanking them and informing them of our enthusiasm for these tires in the U.S.

:thumbup:
1987 Ducati P750
1973 Honda CB450
2022 KTM RC390
Andrew2
paso grand pooh-bah
model: 750 Sport

Post by Andrew2 »

Just sent my letter of approval :thumbup:.

Cheers
A2
paso750
paso grand pooh-bah

Post by paso750 »

the only concern I have about this matter is that some guys will order 3 sets or more just to have a good feeling of having some spare. This won`t do a favour to anyone as with the milage most Pasos do per year one set probably lives 3 seasons so the others will be aged by the time they get on the bike. Furthermore the tire manufacturer may have good sales at the beginning but sales volumes will then drop considerably in the second year making them recalculate their business case.
It may be though that due to the fact the tires come from Asia the costs are low and not as much of a concern as they were for Michelin. At least I hope so otherwise these new tires may disappear again in a couple of years.
Imho just order what you really need, this`ll keep the demand constant which is a sign for the manufacturer to keep on going.
jm2c

G.