906 No idle

discussions specific to the 906 Paso
nine-o-six

906 No idle

Post by nine-o-six »

Hello all Paso fans.
I own a 906 which was stored for 2 years, because I couldn't get new tires. Now I have some and I want to drive, but the engine doesn't start anymore. I checked the carb and noticed that it was dry, the floatneedle was sticky. Also the carb was contaminated so I cleaned the complete carb. Now the engine runs but not at idle only when I switch the choke at max. the engine idle at 1100revs.
When I set the choke at a warm engine (90°C) on min. the engine doesn't idle anymore. I checked the intake on false air and the throttle response is OK too.
Can one of you tell me how to adjust the Weber carb and/or were I get information about how this type of carb works?
Skins
paso grand pooh-bah
model: 750 Paso
year: 1988

Post by Skins »

:cool:

Click on 'Search' at the top of ther page, then type in 'weber' and you'll find lots of information.
jcslocum
paso grand pooh-bah
model: 750 Paso
year: 1988

Post by jcslocum »

Sounds like the idle jet is clogged up with junk or old fuel that has dried inside of it. To clean it you'll have to take it out and soak it in carb cleaner or run a small wire thru it and then blow it out with air.
nine-o-six

Post by nine-o-six »

Well, the idle jets are clean.
But what I been looking for, is a discribtion how such a Weber carb is working.
When I can understand the working of this type of carb, maybe I can solve my problem.
Can somebody show me some links or have some documents which you can mail to me.
The type of information which I have found on this forum doesn't satisfy me, sorry.
Finnpaso
paso grand pooh-bah
year: 0

Post by Finnpaso »

Seems, that you NEED clean totally Your carburator... Make notes, where is all Your adjustments and put it to pieces, clean and rebuild with Your notes about adjustments.... Maybe need new "gasket" set, what can be found from Ducati dealer.
Antti http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HeKOh3XoXPg&NR=1
KTM 990 Adventure -08 metal dark grey
Paso 750 -89 red/metal grey
907IE -91 red/metal grey
907IE -91 red
2xST4S -02 red/metal grey
ST2 -01 red/metal grey
Volvo V70 Bi-Fuel Classic/titanium
nine-o-six

Problem is solved

Post by nine-o-six »

Thanks to all Paso fans who replied to my problem.
The engine runs fine now.
I cleaned the carb with Liqui Moly professional carb cleaner, this stuff is really good!!
Also I re-adjust the float level at 48mm.( very important!)
So, now I can drive again after I have the bike true the emission inspection ( stupid German law).