year: 1988

this can happen even in best italian families

Post by ducapaso »

that's what I found in the net... :toofar:
no comment
http://www.tuningvideo.com/Foto_Pagina_ ... _prog=1019
pope

Post by pope »

Hey, I'd rather see a custom bike emerge from a wreck or basket case, instead of getting parted out. The graphics are over the top, but if you can get yourself by that, I'm OK with it. Black with some Red Ducati tank decals would have been good. The front fairng looks like an Airtech and they come with the headlight area closed. So the guy would have had the choice to put some custom headlights in. Round would have been more traditional. Since my Italian is rusty (non-existant) was the bike a wreck, project or basket case?

Doug
persempre907
paso grand pooh-bah
model: 907 I.E.
year: 1992

Post by persempre907 »

I don't like it.
First, I don't understand why put on the fairing of a Italian bike Japanese (or Chinese?) characters.
It seems to me like a black Kawasaki, especially in the side view.
But, above all, I think that our bikes are turning to historical vehicles.
So, I wouldn't make too much changes.
Ciao
Francesco
Ducati 907IE 1992 Rosso
Ducati 907IE 1993 Nero
Moto Guzzi Galletto 1960 Sabbia
BMW R Nine t 2019
Jules

Post by Jules »

If you look at it with half closed eyes it's not bad at all, even the graphics are sort of OK, (the Japanese character on the oil cooler cover means 'tiger') but I agree with Francesco, it's an Italian bike, why bother with Japanese characters. Heck, it would have been more appropriate to have Roman numerals don't you think.......

Paso 750= Paso DCCL
Paso 906= Paso CMVI
Paso 907= Paso CMVII

but then maybe not...! The rear light diodes need re-working, and the photos don't show enough detail of the headlight. I've always thought the standard Paso headlight is plug ugly, and I've seen a photo of a twin headlight conversion with fibre glass surround which (I think) is a big improvement; NOT to be confused with the FZ750 unit which improves the headlight's performance, but not the looks(same outer cover with twin light reflectors inside).

I reckon if you actually saw this bike riding past you on the street, as you sat outside on a warm sunny Italian afternoon sipping your espresso and admiring the girls, you'd think it looked pretty damned good!!
persempre907
paso grand pooh-bah

Post by persempre907 »

Hi everybody,
primarily, I would want excuse me with Jules. :oops: I didn't want to offend him. I have a great respect for the Japan and Japanese people :thumbup:
But, I will not put "DUCATI CMVII i.e." on the fairing of my bike, even if it could look good. :toofar:
Of course, if I wanted a bike with odd graphics, I would have bought an Aprilia or a Jap bike.
I meant to tell that I think that our bikes are masterpieces of design, so I will not make any change in the look of my bike.
Ciao
Francesco
Ducati 907IE 1992 Rosso
Ducati 907IE 1993 Nero
BMW R Nine t 2019
redpaso
paso grand pooh-bah
model: 906 Paso
year: 1989

Post by redpaso »

I don't mind it, I am pretty sure I have read more about this bike somewhere, maybe on the Paso Japan site so it would almost make sense that the Graphics etc are japanese.

http://www.fruits.ne.jp/~paso/index.html

You will also find these interesting Paso's there. An interesting interpretation.

Redpaso
"My favourite peice of Ballet is a long sweeping corner"
Jules

Post by Jules »

Hi Francesco

Actually, I'm not Japanese, I'm from Scotland :D ,so don't worry I certainly wasn't offended! Also, please excuse my British sense of 'humour' putting Roman numerals on an Italian bike was my weak idea of a joke :oops: !

Hi redpaso

The two special bodied Pasos in the photos were specials made by the Japanese Ducati importer at that time, Murayama Motors (no longer the official importers) Not sure why they were made in the first place, as they're certainly interesting but not so beautiful......?

Jules
SILVER Paso 750
jprhyme

Post by jprhyme »

holy crap. That black Paso is a shame, and the two with the japs are every bit as ugly. I apologize in advance for being so blunt.
persempre907
paso grand pooh-bah

Post by persempre907 »

Hi everybody,
I wouldn't be so drastic...
Well then, someone can do how he like...
But, finally, I never will understand the British sense of humor, above all when it come out from a Scottish that is living in Kobe (Japan).
:funny: :funny: :funny:
Ciao
Last edited by persempre907 on Sun May 21, 2006 5:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Francesco
Ducati 907IE 1992 Rosso
Ducati 907IE 1993 Nero
BMW R Nine t 2019
delagem
year: 0

Post by delagem »

So am I alone in thinking that the black Paso looks incredible?

I like to think bikes are a canvas, not a digital photo...
The $900 Paso: DellOrto's, Dyna 5 ohm coils, Ignitech TCIP4; finally, a new set of tires! Goldentyre GT070/071

The bike is gone, but the nightmares continue...
Rogero

Post by Rogero »

I agree - the black one with the Japanese / Chinese graphics looks good, and the two others are attractive in their own way too.

If all bikes were stock we'd live in a very boring world.

Just off to watch Biker Build Off!!
Rogero
1992 "Red" 907 I.E.
2006 Harley-Davidson Dyna FXDBI (Street Bob)
ducapaso
paso grand pooh-bah
model: 750 Paso
year: 1988

Post by ducapaso »

Delagem, you are not alone... I fell in love for paso in 1986 and I still loving it...
have a nice ride, Nicola

Black "DUKE" 751582
ex...Red "smooth" 753349 :-(
persempre907
paso grand pooh-bah

Post by persempre907 »

I'm also still loving Paso....
But, in 1986 I was 18 years old and had no money, in 1994 I bought my first used 906, and the last year I've bought a 907 i.e., but by now I'm going grey...
Ciao
Francesco
Ducati 907IE 1992 Rosso
Ducati 907IE 1993 Nero
BMW R Nine t 2019
Rodney
model: 750 Paso
year: 1986

Post by Rodney »

:eek: the black one looks ok but the taillight section is very poorly done with the plastic covering the the blinkers.

Rodney
Ducati ST2 2002 , Ducati 696 2010 , Ducati Pantah 1983 (in progress )