need fairings

Paso items for sale or wanted
Group members may list non-paso classified ads
haapai

need fairings

Post by haapai »

hello,
new to the club.
just dropped my 87 paso and looking for left side fairing, front, and signal.
i live in california. does anyone know of a aftermarket maker or company that makes the fairings for a good price or a dealer.
the pain of not riding my bike is more than the cuts i have.
thanks,
LT

pls email me at haapai@yahoo.com
pope

Airtech Fairings

Post by pope »

Here is where you can purchase aftermarket fairings: http://www.airtech-streamlining.com/euroz/dpaso.htm
There are a few problems: They do not mate up with the standard fairings perfectly, they only come in white, the quality is not as good as original. You will find originals expensive, but available if you shop around on the internet and ebay.

Good Luck,
Doug
paso750
paso grand pooh-bah
model: 750 Paso
year: 1987

Post by paso750 »

check ebay constantly. What Paso is it ?

G.
Fraser
year: 1986

Post by Fraser »

Hi,
For the indicator assembly check with Al Bennet at al@eurobrit.com.au
I know they have some, as I sold them to Eurobrit.

Fraser.
haapai

Post by haapai »

Thanks for all the replys. I have already inquired with all the companies you have suggested.
haapai

Post by haapai »

hello,
I just got my first response on a price for a replacement part the right side indicator.
-$385AUD plus postage of $20. If paying by credit card, please allow for 2.5% merchant fee.
-Adds up to over $300 DOLLARS in USA. Does this sound expensive or cheap. note this is not an original part.
If any of you PROs say that it is a deal please respond and I will put in the request for the part.
Thanks,
LT
Fraser
year: 1986

Post by Fraser »

Haapai,

Original indicators are not available. The ones from EuroBrit were made in Bologna, and fit very nicely (have fitted two of them). When first contacting EuroBrit last year they only had a secondhand indicator at the time and they were wanting $400 AUD for that. So, in context the $385 AUD is "reasonable". But still bloody expensive, however, there are few options.
If you need it go for it.

Fraser.
haapai

Post by haapai »

Thanks Fraser,
I was unaware that they nolonger made the parts. It almost seems like a good investment to have a bunch custom made and sell the mold. I almost thought about selling her and getting a newer model, but damn she is so hot! I am waiting on other inquires from salvage yards. I will pray for the salvage gods and maybe even look of a parts bike.
I still love my Ducati 750 Paso!
Marinus

Post by Marinus »

If you are talking about the mirror assembly, they are hard to get but you would be surprised what you can acheave with putty and patiants. The original ones are made to peal off when you drop the bike so are not normaly damaged to badly. As for the orange lenses themselfs they are easy to get new. My local dealer had them in stock and said he had sold about 4 sets that week. I think they cost under $20 each.
zap
year: 1990

Post by zap »

yo haapai, this is ab from holland.

i've got a pair of mirrors for you from a cagiva freccia.
they are almost the same.

let me know if you are interested...

greets, ab.
Marinus

Post by Marinus »

Hi Zap

I did a search on that bike and indeed the mirrors look very similar. Do they atatch in the same way? :thumbup:
zap
year: 1990

Post by zap »

hi marinus,

no they don't but they fit easily.
i will try to find out how to put a image here then i can show you how they look and how to assemble.
i think it is the best remedy for the original.

the mirrors have small bolts to assemble them on the top fairing.