Cluster Clear Plastic

discussions specific to the 907IE
Vickon
model: 900 SS
year: 1991

Cluster Clear Plastic

Post by Vickon »

Can somebody tell me before I start dismantling a cluster how do I take the clear cover off? I have a used cluster from a 750 Paso that has an excellent clear plastic. I want to detach this piece from the cluster and change it with the one on my 907 which has a crack like 1/2 inch on the bottom. I will appreciate any advise and help on how to do this swap without breaking or cracking the good one!
pencilbeam
model: 907 I.E.
year: 1992

Re: Cluster Clear Plastic

Post by pencilbeam »

Vickon wrote:Can somebody tell me before I start dismantling a cluster how do I take the clear cover off? I have a used cluster from a 750 Paso that has an excellent clear plastic. I want to detach this piece from the cluster and change it with the one on my 907 which has a crack like 1/2 inch on the bottom. I will appreciate any advise and help on how to do this swap without breaking or cracking the good one!
The plastic cluster is attached by molded clips on all sides which are really fragile and get brittle with age. After you take the front fairing off to gain access to the front of the cluster, simply use your fingers with the minimum movement to pull back on each clip. Even with the most delicate care they still might break. Take your time and the cover will just pop up off the instrument face. No other attachments besides the clips.
Vickon

Thanks again...

Post by Vickon »

Hi pencilbeam, once again thanks! :thumbup: It certainly helps!

Best Regards,

Jose :D
Vickon

Thanks!

Post by Vickon »

Hi Pencilbeam, :thumbup: clear dash plastic replaced with no major problems! :thumbup: Now my bike looks like new! I cleaned all the internals on the gauges panel and cleaned the new plastic inside and it looks beautiful, like new! Once again, thanks! Only one tab broke because it was very brittle but I assembled it back and glued it! :D

Thanks!

Jose :cool:
pencilbeam
model: 907 I.E.
year: 1992

Post by pencilbeam »

Great to hear. Now enjoy your bike! Older bikes have their little idiosycnracies but the 907 is worth it.

Jim