M1R fork seals and bushings

discussions specific to the 907IE
blakduc1

M1R fork seals and bushings

Post by blakduc1 »

I am interested in knowing if anyone has had the M1R forks serviced or modified. If so, were seals and bushings readily available, and from what source? Thanks for any info you can provide.
persempre907
paso grand pooh-bah
model: 907 I.E.
year: 1992

Post by persempre907 »

Hi,
what you mean about the seals?
The dust seals are no longer available.
For the other fork seals you can try on ebay.
Ciao.
Francesco
Ducati 907IE 1992 Rosso
Ducati 907IE 1993 Nero
Moto Guzzi Galletto 1960 Sabbia
BMW R Nine t 2019
blakduc1

Post by blakduc1 »

persempre907 wrote:Hi,
what you mean about the seals?
The dust seals are no longer available.
For the other fork seals you can try on ebay.
Ciao.
I mean, where can I buy seals, bushings and parts for servicing the forks of a 907ie???????????
I was looking for something better and more reliable than hoping and praying for something on eBay.............

Has anyone done any work on the M1R forks? Are parts available?
Thanks,
dp
pencilbeam

Post by pencilbeam »

I always keep an eye on ebay. Found a set of seals from a guy in the UK and bought them for $10 a couple of years ago knowing they're hard to come by. I have seen them come up a few times after. I would just call around. One shop I found had a lot of 907/Paso parts left: Motor Cycle Center in IL. (630) 782-2010. They had a tailight, tach cable, belts etc. They just might have the seals. I did the rebuild myself which isn't too hard if you keep track of what you're doing. I also got lucky and found a set of dust seals from another Cagiva bike that matched.

Jim
h1a

Post by h1a »

I bought a set oil seals of an UK ebay seller that vere listed for the 907 but it didnt fit, so be sure to ask the seller about the measurements before you hit the bid button...
I later found that my local dealer had them in stock.
Vickon
model: 900 SS
year: 1991

M1R fork seals/dust seals

Post by Vickon »

Hey Blakduc1, if you find out about the oil and dust seals for the 907 I will appreciate if you pass on to me the information where I can get them! I know I will be re-building my forks anytime soon as soon as I get these seals. Thanks for your time and response Blakduc!

Jose
LudeDuc

Post by LudeDuc »

Check with your local Ducati dealer; I bought some seal from some guy on EBay and they did not fit. I replaced mine last winter after finding the correct seals at Monroe Motors; just make sure you get the 41mm seals for the M1R forks. I could not find the dust seals but I think there was an earlier thread that mentioned they are available in the UK.

Try Monroe Motors is San Francisco, CA: http://www.munroemotors.com/
Vickon
model: 900 SS
year: 1991

Fork Seals

Post by Vickon »

Hi LudeDuc, thanks for the info. I will try my local Ducati Dealer and Monroe Motors in SF,CA.

Thanks! :thumbup:
Fraser
model: 750 Paso
year: 1986

Post by Fraser »

Guys,

When you get around to look for fork seals try "Leak Proof Fork Seals". That is the brand name and there are plenty of suppliers in your part of the world on the net. Have used these seals on my 750 which has the MR1 forks, about 2 years ago and they were very successful.

Regards,

Fraser.
beemerboy
year: 0

seals and dust caps

Post by beemerboy »

I was able to get fork seals off of eBay and dust caps, that actual "slider" part you see on the fork, from Gowanloch in Australia.

US Duc dealers no longer support the Paso/906/907 line but I've been able to get what I need from Gowanloch. In fact, I've ordered parts from them and parts from US Duc dealers and received the parts faster from Australia.

What's up with that?? :umm:

Anyway, Gowanloch still offers parts for the Paso line, visit their web site and send them an email detailing what you need.
Regards,
Randy
'02 BMW RT
'06 BMW K1200S
persempre907
paso grand pooh-bah

Post by persempre907 »

Fraser wrote:Guys,

When you get around to look for fork seals try "Leak Proof Fork Seals". That is the brand name and there are plenty of suppliers in your part of the world on the net. Have used these seals on my 750 which has the MR1 forks, about 2 years ago and they were very successful.

Regards,

Fraser.
this brand has also the dust seals?
Francesco
Ducati 907IE 1992 Rosso
Ducati 907IE 1993 Nero
BMW R Nine t 2019
chrisjpitt

Blown a seal?

Post by chrisjpitt »

The fork seals are still available from Marzocchi p/n 528134 (41.7x55x7.5) - but when I put in an order for the dust seals, they sent similar looking fork seals. I questioned this and it seems that is what they now supply to use as a dust seal/scraper??

Maybe Gowies still has some old stock available?
beemerboy

Re: Blown a seal?

Post by beemerboy »

chrisjpitt wrote:The fork seals are still available from Marzocchi p/n 528134 (41.7x55x7.5) - but when I put in an order for the dust seals, they sent similar looking fork seals. I questioned this and it seems that is what they now supply to use as a dust seal/scraper??

Gowies has everything....even Ducati logo condoms. :cool:
Regards,
Randy
'02 BMW RT
'06 BMW K1200S
persempre907
paso grand pooh-bah

Post by persempre907 »

chrisjpitt wrote:The fork seals are still available from Marzocchi p/n 528134 (41.7x55x7.5) - but when I put in an order for the dust seals, they sent similar looking fork seals. I questioned this and it seems that is what they now supply to use as a dust seal/scraper??

But, fit those dust seals?

I would want know something more about the Ducati condoms: could you tell me the S/N? :funny: :funny: :funny: :funny: :funny:
Ciao
Francesco
Ducati 907IE 1992 Rosso
Ducati 907IE 1993 Nero
BMW R Nine t 2019
beemerboy

Post by beemerboy »

persempre907 wrote:

But, fit those dust seals?

I would want know something more about the Ducati condoms: could you tell me the S/N? :funny: :funny: :funny: :funny: :funny:
Ciao
I don't know the s/n but I DO know that they're offered only in red and all condom orders sent to France are size "small."
Regards,
Randy
'02 BMW RT
'06 BMW K1200S