907IE Won't Start... HELP...

discussions specific to the 907IE
Vickon
model: 900 SS
year: 1991

907IE Won't Start... HELP...

Post by Vickon »

Here we go! I just bought this bike a month ago it was running fine until last thursday night. :rant: It started like hesitating while at cruising speed but it was very, very lightly and it went away for the rest of the trip. I got to the destination fine with no major issues. When on my way back the bike started fine but all of the sudden started like missing and hesitating harder and becoming worse if I tried to give more gas it would bog! If I let go the throtle it would run and idle fine! The problem was that I was on the I-95 Interstate at midnight and I needed to keep a minimum speed of 40mph. I managed to bring the bike to the closest exit ramp holding the throtle all the way open and bike doing no more than 25 to 30 mph. When stopped at the traffic light it died! :mad: Then it would start immediately but the second I tried to give it gas it would die!!!! I thought I had run out of gas but that was not the case. I changed both plugs with new ones and the bike still won't start now!!!! As always, I will appreciate any advise and help you can supply :sad:

**By the way the bike has a new BOSCH fuel pump that was installed not long ago! maybe a couple of months.

Regards,

Jose
Dino

Post by Dino »

I am far from any expert but did you try the fuel filter?
Dino
Vickon

Won't Start...

Post by Vickon »

Hi Dino, I believe I found the problem! :D I just found a big fuel leak inside the tank! :eek: Apparently the fuel line from the fuel pump had become loose and finally gave and as soon as you turn the switch on and the fuel pump starts, it sprays a big amount of fuel inside! Now, the question is how do I get to work inside the fuel tank? :confused:

C-ya! Will keep you posted! :thumbup:

Jose :cool:
Vickon

907IE Started....

Post by Vickon »

Hi Dino, just to let you know that bike has been fixed! :D Found that the hose coming from the fuel pump to the gas filter was broken and leaking bigtime! Replaced 2" with new hose, cranked and bike is running excellent! Will test drive it tomorrow :D

Regards,

Jose

907IE RED
750 PASO RED
Rogero
model: 907 I.E.
year: 1992

Post by Rogero »

That's good news then!

How's it running :thumbup:
Rogero
1992 "Red" 907 I.E.
2006 Harley-Davidson Dyna FXDBI (Street Bob)
Vickon

907IE...

Post by Vickon »

Hi Dino, bike is running sharp! There's only one thing that worries me! My 750 Paso clutch is completely silent even though it's a dry clutch but my 907 is loud and sounds like something is loose inside! Clutchwise it grabs excellent, doesn't slip and I can engage all gears smoothly and engage neutral with no problems at all! But the sound is like a mix of dry clutch and loose parts inside! I have never opened the dry clutch on a 907 any advice Dino?

Thanks for your response!

Jose
Dino

Post by Dino »

GREAT to hear your bike is up and running! I had a heck of a time finding my short out! My 907 sounds just as you described rattles, clanks and sounds as if parts are flying all over the place inside! :laugh:
Thats completly normal..no worries..I have yet to take mine apart and there are guys here that can help you with that..I do not have that much experience owning my own 907ie, only one year, but learning fast! If you need assistance with your clutch ask again with a new post and am sure someone with much better knowledge than I can help! Good Luck and I'll help if I can!
Dino
pencilbeam

Post by pencilbeam »

Just to support Dino's reply, my clutch has the sound of a bag of metal twirling aound when engaged. Always has and it's been rebuilt. I'd worry if it didn't make any noise.
Vickon

Clutch sound...

Post by Vickon »

Thanks Dino and Pencilbeam for the response! :thumbup:
I feel better now! :D

Jose
du907

Post by du907 »

I've done this myself. You knocked the hose loose inside the tank when you were filling the tank with gas. You probably hit it with the filler hose. Like I said, been there, done that.
Good to hear it is running again.
Du907