Late model clutch swaps

discussions specific to the 906 Paso
Duc750
model: 907 I.E.
year: 1993

Post by Duc750 »

Problem is if you lighten the rider too mcuh you will be very fast on straights and uphill corner but not so fast on downhill corners :D
foxterrier

Post by foxterrier »

I'm then in another peek, I weight only 64 kg's and with height of 164 I have real problems w/ Paso... If I lighten 5 kilos then I can't ever stop (even in traffic lights) so that Paso doesn't fall down ;) ..so I think it might be better lighten and down Paso lower... I thought that when lower front 40mm in t-crowns and lower back slacking monolink alike, riding geometry stays and I might have easier to handle that bike... Any comments or hints to dwarf?

Sorry folks, this _might_ be wrong thread for this conversation/questions ;)
Finnpaso
paso grand pooh-bah
year: 0

Post by Finnpaso »

"fox", i know, U try to drink plenty of beer to get more weight to keep 906 in straight, but anyway You are too short to handle Paso! :funny: :funny: :funny: :funny: Btw, hows bar "closers"? (cause risers cant help You...) :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
Antti http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HeKOh3XoXPg&NR=1
KTM 990 Adventure -08 metal dark grey
Paso 750 -89 red/metal grey
907IE -91 red/metal grey
907IE -91 red
2xST4S -02 red/metal grey
ST2 -01 red/metal grey
Volvo V70 Bi-Fuel Classic/titanium
foxterrier

Post by foxterrier »

Antti, yes, I drink lots of beer but not for weight but for fun... ne cliponit on suunnilleen mallia SS mut väärinpäin, yks kaveri tekee ne rosterista ja mä aattelin pudottaa t-kappaleita 40mm et ne sais ylä-t-kappaleen yläpuolelle kii, samalla tippuis satula 20mm niiltäosin. Vaijerit ja letkut riittää, paitsi yläjarruletku mut sen aattelin vaihtaa muutenkii. Kyl se siitä :thumbup:
ducapaso
paso grand pooh-bah
model: 750 Paso
year: 1988

Post by ducapaso »

I met a guy lighter and less tall than tou are riding a 906 and I can assure you thah if you're skilled enough to appreciate geometry differences, you are also skilled enough to ride with standard forks tuning! :thumbup:
Otherwise, making some changes is the only way to find your favorite setup. Remember only that a lower rear monolink will keep your exaust pipes closer to the road in hard bends! :funny:
have a nice ride, Nicola

Black "DUKE" 751582
ex...Red "smooth" 753349 :-(
foxterrier

Post by foxterrier »

Nicola, I have 900SS Remus upper tubes just to install, they doesn't hit the surface if I lower that Paso any much :cool: