Sean's 907

discussions specific to the 907IE
Finnpaso
paso grand pooh-bah
year: 0

Post by Finnpaso »

I dont care my bad english at all, cause here very many have much more worst, than me.... :funny:
Antti http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HeKOh3XoXPg&NR=1
KTM 990 Adventure -08 metal dark grey
Paso 750 -89 red/metal grey
907IE -91 red/metal grey
907IE -91 red
2xST4S -02 red/metal grey
ST2 -01 red/metal grey
Volvo V70 Bi-Fuel Classic/titanium
Yank907

Post by Yank907 »

Finnpaso wrote:
Yank907 wrote:

Theodore Roosevelt
Sorry, that this is not anymore to topic, but was that Roosevelt one of those usa "very clever" :laugh: presidents, what u have had there very many?
lol, yea you remember what the US has done for you everytime you walk out the door and you don't have to speak German. As Tony Blair said once last year in a speech to his government "there are two things that have died for your freedom Jesus and the American GI"

btw ............does Finland have any oil?? We might visit you next, lol.....kidding lol
Finnpaso
paso grand pooh-bah

Post by Finnpaso »

:funny: :funny: :funny: :funny: :funny: :funny: :funny: , btw, German language can be much better, than some others.... :laugh: :thumbup:

Btw, we DONT have oil, so keep away from here... FAR, please! :funny: :funny: :funny:
907IE -91 red/metal grey
907IE -91 red
ST2 -01 red/metal grey
mrinflux

My Immenent Arrival

Post by mrinflux »

Finnpaso wrote:I bought set of special stainless steel allen screws(same modell, as originals) from local screw shop for 15,80€ polished them with good stuff in few minutes.
Finn,

As you already know, I'm arriving in Helsinki shortly. (BTW, thanks for putting me up! I really appreciate it! I prefer a room with southern exposure,...I don't mean to be a boorish American, but do you think you could accomodate this preference?).

Anyway, I was thinking...since I'm coming to Finland and staying with you, and since I could never hope to be the great bargain hunter you are, could you pick up a set of those, "special stainless steel allen screws" for me? I'll pay you when I get there. And would you mind terribly spending a "few minutes" to polish them with the "good stuff" for me? Of course, I'll pay you extra for the polishing!!!

I can't wait for our visit! I promise to follow you around your garage and hang on your every word. Is it OK if I take notes? I want very badly to learn from you!

Your Humble Follower,

Elton
'91 907ie (Red)
'93 907ie (Red)
'93 907ie, w/ worked engine (Red)
'07 1098S (Red)
'07 MV Agusta F41000R
'82 Kawasaki KZ1100 Spectre (Wine/Black)
persempre907
paso grand pooh-bah
model: 907 I.E.
year: 1992

Post by persempre907 »

Ducman wrote:its funny when people get pissed over nothing
:thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

I don't want anyhow take sides in this further challenge, but everyone has to respect the one's mind.

No matter what, it seems to me also 100 bucks is an huge amount for a bolt set, above all, as regard as the worth of the bike.

For the same amount, I bought a new set of cylinders/pistons, a like new couple of stock mufflers... and for €. 350 another bike, quite complete, for spare parts...

P.S. I'd be very happy putting all up in Rome.

Ciao
Francesco
Ducati 907IE 1992 Rosso
Ducati 907IE 1993 Nero
Moto Guzzi Galletto 1960 Sabbia
BMW R Nine t 2019
mrinflux

European Bargain Hunters

Post by mrinflux »

persempre907 wrote:No matter what, it seems to me also 100 bucks is an huge amount for a bolt set, above all, as regard as the worth of the bike.

For the same amount, I bought a new set of cylinders/pistons, a like new couple of stock mufflers... and for €. 350 another bike, quite complete, for spare parts...
Franco,

It would seem you went to the same school of bargain hunting Finnpaso graduated from! Please do tell: where can the rest of us buy a new set of cylinders and pistons, along with a set of "like new" exhaust cans, all for $100.00??? I call, "BS!"

I don't know what 907 well nuts cost in the bargain basement of Europe, (Do you and Finnpaso live in the same Europe I spend much of my time in? I've spent lots of time in Italy and Scandanavia - both are a whole lot more expensive than the USA), but here in the USA my dealer charges me $5.00 dollars for each well nut! I know, I ask myself the same question, "How can he do it so cheap?" But that's what he charges. Do the math. A complete set of well nuts ain't cheap!

Now factor in the powder coating. Have you or Finnpaso ever had something powder-coated? (I'm not talking about doing it in Finnpaso's garage, ... I know he invented the whole "powder-coating process" and can do it cheaper and better than Yank's guy. I"m talking about having it sent out!) It's not a cheap process. I don't think $100.00 for a set of 907 powder-coated well nuts is outrageous. But that's just my opinion.

peace, Elton
'91 907ie (Red)
'93 907ie (Red)
'07 1098S (Red)
'07 MV Agusta F41000R
persempre907
paso grand pooh-bah

Post by persempre907 »

Elton,

I bought the pistons/cylinders set on the eBay store http://stores.ebay.com/SD-Internethandel-Bike-Parts. If you're interested try ask, perhaps she (Sabine) still has them. Don't worry, she speaks English.

I bought the mufflers on eBay, from a german seller too, while I bought the bike from a mechanic near my office who stopped me when I was riding, telling me if I was interested to buy a bike like mine.

The real difference is that here in Europe the Duck's prices are very lower than in USA. Both for the bikes but, above all, for the spare parts.

As you can see, in Italy they are selling 2 Pasos on ebay: a 906, it is the second or third time the seller try to sell it for €. 1800 and he isn't able to, and a 750 which, for sure, will not go over €. 1400/1500.

Besides, I'm seeing you also have much more trouble to find the spare parts than here in Italy (and in Europe).

But, you can't know how much is expensive for us buying and servicing an Harley Davidson :mad: :mad: :mad: !

So, believe me, for an European guy, 100 bucks for the bolts is an outrageous price. For that price we could buy a dzus complete set.

Then, we can debate about the powder coating process, if it's a good thing or too much expensive or cheap as regard as the necessary work, but if I'm able to buy a new set of bolts for €. 18, I don't care if they will go rusty within 10 years.

Ciao and peace :thumbup:
Francesco
Ducati 907IE 1992 Rosso
Ducati 907IE 1993 Nero
Moto Guzzi Galletto 1960 Sabbia
BMW R Nine t 2019
paso750
paso grand pooh-bah
model: 750 Paso
year: 1987

Post by paso750 »

Although I really don`t intend to join this discussion I would like to add one info
I"m talking about having it sent out!) It's not a cheap process.
I`m sure depending on location the prices vary very much but in Germany it`s relatively cheap. Just this morning I picked up my Paso`s frame incl. all bits attached to it (engine mounts, center and side stand, headlamp frame) and also some brake parts of my car. I had them glaspearl blasted and powdercoated in satinsilk black. For all together I payed € 170.
From these € 170, € 80 ($107) were for the powdercoating.
As a comparison: I talked to a paintshop before and they told me that spraying all the parts would cost €250-300!

G.
Finnpaso
paso grand pooh-bah

Re: European Bargain Hunters

Post by Finnpaso »

mrinflux wrote: Please do tell: where can the rest of us buy a new set of cylinders and pistons, along with a set of "like new" exhaust cans, all for $100.00???
I can tell: "connections", "connections", "connections"..... Normally it very wise to be in good relations to such persons, who know good sources.... "connections".... :evil: Btw, its very easy to destroy those "connections", like to some persons have happen also here....
907IE -91 red/metal grey
907IE -91 red
ST2 -01 red/metal grey
Yank907

Post by Yank907 »

persempre907 wrote:
Ducman wrote:its funny when people get pissed over nothing
:thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

I don't want anyhow take sides in this further challenge, but everyone has to respect the one's mind.

No matter what, it seems to me also 100 bucks is an huge amount for a bolt set, above all, as regard as the worth of the bike.

P.S. I'd be very happy putting all up in Rome.

Ciao
Do you ding bats realize I am talking about the original bolts powder coated??? Do you even know what that process is? I am not talking about just a plain bolt set. Its the process that has an enamel coating baked onto metal parts and surfaces that will not rust and is much harder than paint and resistant to chipping? Kinda the same as the white coating thats on your 907's wheels.

This is not a cheap or easy process and if you can find a set of new ducati factory body panel bolts (about 30 of them) and then have a professional properly powder coat them in a way that will not fill the head full of product or get the threads damaged for less than 100 dollars or even close to that , then you better buy em.

I don't know about the rest of the guys here but money invested in these paso's is not about how much they are worth in a book but how much they are worth to the rider. To me nice shiney rust proof body panel bolts look and function awesome. And if you two are not interested in them then......... fine put your hardware store, home polished, stainless steel, rigged, non-factory,rust gathering, bolts on your bike. I don't mind at all that my bike looks better than yours :neener:
mrinflux

Connections

Post by mrinflux »

Finnpaso wrote: I can tell: "connections", "connections", "connections"..... Normally it very wise to be in good relations to such persons, who know good sources.... "connections".... :evil: Btw, its very easy to destroy those "connections", like to some persons have happen also here....
Finn,

Once again I'm confused and humbled by your superior mechanical intellect. I know you're an electrical engineer, (I heard a rumor you invented electricity, is that true?), so when you speak of "connections" I can only assume you're speaking about wiring and electrical connections.

Honestly, I don't have the intellectual horsepower to keep up. Are you saying that in order to properly powder coat well nuts it's necessary to connect them to an electrical source? Please elaborate!

Awaiting your response, I remain

Your Humble Follower,

Elton
'91 907ie (Red)
'93 907ie (Red)
'07 1098S (Red)
'07 MV Agusta F41000R
Stingray230SX

ENOUGH IS ENOUGH

Post by Stingray230SX »

IM GONNA SPEAK TO MIKE BUT I THINK THIS THREAD IS DONE!!!!

NOW EVERYONE JUST GET OVER IT

DOUG HUNT
1992 907ie #1473 Nero SOLD
1997 Vmax Nero-Blue Flames SOLD