Paso Clock.......!!!

discussions specific to the 906 Paso
Duck01

Paso Clock.......!!!

Post by Duck01 »

Guys - I know this'll make ya all grin, but wheres the link in relation to having a dead clock........?? Not a big thing, but has never worked since I've owned the bike. Have seen a referance ages ago to what the cure is, but have lost it - any ideas?? Apparently its a real common fault. Have a friend with a 750, & it always astounds me that his bike's clock still goes............ :thumbup:
Skins
paso grand pooh-bah
model: 750 Paso
year: 1988

Post by Skins »

I don't remember the details, I'm afraid, but I believe the clocks that have stopped have mostly done so because of unreliable chips - mostly in the earlier models.

I don't know how to test the chips themselves, but I was lucky when I swapped some of the internals from my stopped clock with some of the internals (including the chip) from another stopped clock. The 'new' chip proved to be good. :cool:
redpaso
paso grand pooh-bah
model: 906 Paso
year: 1989

Post by redpaso »

I just removed the hands on mine. When I ride I don't want to know the time. It never worked for me either
Redpaso
"My favourite peice of Ballet is a long sweeping corner"
Skins
paso grand pooh-bah

Post by Skins »

:thumbup:

You're a philosopher, cuz ...
Duck01

Post by Duck01 »

Hmmm - maybe Reds got a point there......... :thumbup:
fasterdammit
paso grand pooh-bah

Post by fasterdammit »

Mine stopped a while ago too ... I just set it to 2 minutes to midnight and left it at that. ;)

I thought about buying a cheapie movement and mounting in there, maybe relocating the battery pack so that'd be easy to replace when necessary ... but like red said, what's time when you're riding? All I need to know is that I'm late ... doesn't matter how late. (It's always easier to ask for forgiveness than it is to ask for permission!) :laugh:
Just because you're not dead doesn't necessarily mean you're living, either.
1988 Paso 750 #753965
1997 Monster 750
Skins
paso grand pooh-bah

Post by Skins »

:confused:

Hmm ... this is very interesting.

... another stopped clock, another philosopher ...

... maybe there is no time ... maybe it's all just a sequence of events ...
redpaso
paso grand pooh-bah

Post by redpaso »

Hey faster, 2 minutes to midnight, that is funny stuff, maybe I will put my hands back in :laugh: I also like the bit about forgiveness & permission, you are also a thinker I see.

I heard a theory about time speeding up as the Universe expands & we, the human race have not actually tweaked onto it yet & that is why we seem to think that each year is going faster than the last - because it actually is! :eek: . well as the Universe speeds up does that mean that the Paso is actually getting faster as well? it is just not showing up on the speedo!!! :cool:
Who needs to add performance mods, just sit back & let Mother time (or is that father time, can't remember) work it's magic on our beloved beasts. I just hope the Police are not in our Universe & get left behind!

Just a theory! :cool:
Redpaso
Duck01

Post by Duck01 »

Wee story for ya - had to take my 11 yo to the Dr the other day, which is a wee way from home. My ute was away - Landcruiser in a million bits getting a heart transplant - said to Ethan - chuck some gear on & we'll take the bike.
Left home 10 mins late - got there 10 mins early - Ethan got off & mumbled - "Never late on a Ducati Dad"........ Goood boy!!! :thumbup: (He loves it too - did 450km with me one day)
jomo

Post by jomo »

Aussies can send their clocks to Olympic Instruments at Pymble near Sydney. Great sevice, costs me about $70 dollars every time. Most times you will find your clock dies from another elctrical fault. Last time , mine was caused from a loose + terminal at the battery causing spikes through the system (plus backfires).

For others in the big bad world, any instrument repair shop should be able to fix them. My electronics mate needs a wiring diagram to be able to do the job (he fixed it once without). Anybody got a wiring diagram out there? They are the same clock as in some Fiats.
Brake late & brake hard,
jomo

Paso 906 Blue
Paso 906 Silver
Bultaco Metralla GT370 Custom
Bultaco Metralla GT250
Bultaco Frontera 250 Mk.9
Suzuki RMX250
Skins
paso grand pooh-bah

Post by Skins »

Good stuff to know, jomo. Thanks. But I tell you, I got a hell of a buzz out of fixing my own those few years ago, although must admit Lady Luck was with me! What kind of wiring diagram do you mean? One for the clock?
Duck01

Post by Duck01 »

Jomo - loose battery connection..........had that problem with mine a while back - popping & running rough - no power etc etc. Would'nt idle - kept stalling. Had just fuelled up, so thought it was a dud load of fuel for a start, especially as it would crank up on the starter again. After lots of mumbled curses stranded at the side of the road - found it - tightened it up & it did'nt miss a beat afterwards...... :roll:
redpaso
paso grand pooh-bah

Post by redpaso »

Duck, Interesting story, I think it supports the theory, Paso goes faster,Univrse goes faster, time goes faster, paso goes faster etc & you did not need a clock on the Dash to keep you informed of it.

Jomo, another good contact to know of thanks, you must be pretty particuliar though if you hare prepared to keep paying money to keep the clock going, next time just remove it.

MotorCycling is about freedom & time is our greatest restraint
Redpaso
Duck01

Post by Duck01 »

Red - you're dead right - lack of time sux - I reckon a 30hr day needs to be made.......
wazzawiseman
year: 0

Post by wazzawiseman »

my clock was also stuffed, i managed to find a digital clock the same size to fit into the space, the only downside was the hole where you change the time obstructs the view a little, apart from that you would swear it was a factory one