how do i improve my headlight output?

discussions specific to the 750 Paso

Moderators: paso750, jcslocum

reginapete

how do i improve my headlight output?

Post by reginapete »

Now that my Paso is used daily I've noticed that the light output from the Paso headlight is much like a glow worm! I've completed the wiring mods by J Slocum some time ago. Is there a recommended replacement bulb which will improve the light output?
Finnpaso
paso grand pooh-bah
year: 0

Post by Finnpaso »

Hi!

You can try:

1. Little higher wattage pulb
2. Add relays to low and hingh beam and change to bigger wires
3. Change to double round headlight, what needs "good taste" and right systems to fit it well

I have done mods 2. & 3. to my both 907IE and 750Paso and now i am very happy about Paso headlights;-)

ps. that originel headlight is totally AWFULL at low beams! IT SUCKs!!!

finnpaso
907IE
750Paso
jcslocum
paso grand pooh-bah
model: 750 Paso
year: 1988

Post by jcslocum »

Be careful with a higher wattage bulb (if you try it)with the standard wiring. With all things electric, there is no free lunch. A higher output bulb will pull more amps. This could melt down the already crappy wiring.

The FZ headlight shows up on ebay once is a while.
Finnpaso
paso grand pooh-bah
year: 0

Post by Finnpaso »

Its truth, that 750 Paso have too small electric wires(what is not so big problem anymore in 907IE..) but 907Ie injection system takes so much current from 350 W charging system, that cant use much bigger pulbs, what can be done easily in 750 Paso, if You have make those relay modificatios, what "need to do", if You want better working 750 Paso!!! I am very happy to my 750 Paso electrics, cause i have added 4 relays to her.....

Finnpaso
907IE
750Paso
redpaso
paso grand pooh-bah
model: 906 Paso
year: 1989

Post by redpaso »

I have seen pics & herd reports of the Honda 750 (VF I think) from about 1984 rectangular dual headlight fitting in easily but have not come across one to compare fitment myself. I think there is a shot of one in the 750 gallery that has this fitted. Also the FZ750 of the same era as mentioned by someone else. I have also seen a photo of a 750 paso with a set of spot lights bolted to the underside of the mirror/indicator units. They were small & did not look as bad as it sounds :screwy:

It is interesting to note that in some old mags I have they rated the headlight very high especially compared to the 900ss & 750F1 of the same time.

If there is a perfect solution I am keen, especially when I get caught out because i have not returned home by night & have only a tinted visor ( I now keep some clear safety glasses under the seat for such emergencies) :D
Redpaso
"My favourite peice of Ballet is a long sweeping corner"