750 paso parts

discussions specific to the 750 Paso

Moderators: paso750, jcslocum

repsolman

750 paso parts

Post by repsolman »

i have a 87 paso 750 and i'm in need of a new thottle asm. or the white piece in the housing that the cable raps around. also need a new starter. can any body tell me where i can get new or used parts?
redpaso
paso grand pooh-bah
model: 906 Paso
year: 1989

Post by redpaso »

Don't know where in the world you are but try Gowanloch in Sydney Australia. excellant service

http://www.ducati-gowanloch.com
Redpaso
"My favourite peice of Ballet is a long sweeping corner"
reginapete

Post by reginapete »

I have a spare throttle asembly for the weber carbs since changing to Mikunis - if you post your address I'll send you the parts. You can have the parts FOC if you refund postage costs.
mike
paso grand pooh-bah
model: 750 Paso
year: 1988

Post by mike »

i had my starter rebuilt locally here in the Sacramento area. as long as the permanent mount magnets aren't damaged, any quality alternator shop should be able to do it.

do NOT, I repeat do NOT hit it with a hammer to 'break it free' because you can unseat the magnets then the starter is useless.

last time I checked a new starter was $450USD.

try THIS LINK
repsolman

Post by repsolman »

reginapete wrote:I have a spare throttle asembly for the weber carbs since changing to Mikunis - if you post your address I'll send you the parts. You can have the parts FOC if you refund postage costs.
reginpete what do you mean by foc ?
Skins
paso grand pooh-bah
model: 750 Paso
year: 1988

Post by Skins »

:thumbup:

I believe he means Free Of Charge.
reginapete

Post by reginapete »

Yes, sorry I mean free of charge - you just refund me the postage. My starter motor failed some years ago. I replaced the brushes which did the trick at a cost of £3.50. Send me an email with your address and I'll post you the throttle assy.
reginapete

Post by reginapete »

I have your address, I will send the parts this week - I'll send the whole throttle assembly just in case yours is different.
motiztab

Post by motiztab »

reginapete

Which bit of the world do you live in you quoted £3.50 for some bushes so are you UK?

You are running Mikunis, did you find that you had to change the twist grip on the throttle or can you get a Monster cable to fit the Paso grip?
reginapete

Post by reginapete »

I live near Cardiff. There are a few local automotive electrical repair shops here. I had all brushes replaced for £10 fitted. The starter motor works fine now.
I purchased my Mikunis from the DOCGB magazine from a Ducati 750 GT. The carbs had been dynojetted and had K&N pod filters fitted. The carbs came with the throttle, cables and choke cable.