Paint Speedo and Tach pointers

discussion about the 750 Sport and '89/'90 900SS, which share many mechanicals with the Paso series
jpitz31
model: 750 Sport
year: 1990

Paint Speedo and Tach pointers

Post by jpitz31 »

I ran across an interesting post the other day on Ducati.ms

Here it is:

"FYI, yesterday I spoke with Palo Alto Speedometer about repainting the red pointers on the 900SS gauges. They've done some work for me on a couple of older Ferrari's and are very good at what they do.

This is what they told me. The Ducati gauges are sealed in such a way that it's virtually impossible to open them up without destroying the bezels that surround them, which as previously noted are glued together. They have made reproduction bezels that look like the original Ducati pieces, and they'll refinish the pointers and replace the glass and bezels for $160 each gauge. For those of us with the smaller temp gauge there's a problem. They don't have a reproduction bezel for the temp gauge, and would have to fabricate something from aluminum and can't guarantee a perfect match with the tach and speedo.

My plan is to see if a new temp gauge is available from Ducati, and if it's not stupidly expensive to get one and send it to Palo Alto Speedo along with my tach and speedo so they can paint match those pointers to it.

The web site is www.paspeedo.com"

A bit pricey, But I was wondering if there was a way to open up the speedo and tach housing.

Thanks

Joe
1990 Ducati 750 Sport (mine)
2007 Piaggio BV 500 (mine - daily driver)
2008 Piaggio MP3 500 (wife's)

My Ducati Blog site
http://projectducati.blogspot.com/

Stupidity is not a crime, your are free to go ;-)