discussions specific to the 750 Paso

Moderators: paso750, jcslocum

jcslocum
paso grand pooh-bah
model: 750 Paso
year: 1988

Fuel Consumption

Post by jcslocum »

Skins made a remark in the Idle Noise forum about how his Dellorto's are a fuel hungry pair.

What carbs do you have and What mileage do you get?

I just did 300 miles 2 up. We were not ringing the old gals neck. I averaged 45 MPG and have Dellorto (36's) carbs.

I'm not whinging about the cost of fuel here, just trying to discover what others have for fuel use. It's a measure of tuning and setup.
DucSoup

Post by DucSoup »

Mikuni flat slides, I think they are 38s but may be 40's. Whatever, I think they are too big.

Gets about 30/31 mpg solo.
jfiore
year: 0

Fuel Consumption

Post by jfiore »

My pazzo Paso still has the infamous Weber, albeit significantly re-jetted (165 mains). I've had casual tours on which it returned about 48 mpg, and on more "enthusiatic" jaunts through the Berkshires I still get about 40 mpg.
reginapete

Post by reginapete »

I have taken my Paso on a few long runs since fitting tghe GT750 Mikunis and the average seems to be around 45mpg. Which is a vast improvement over the Weber apart from the obvious advantages the bike is a lot more efficient.
Skins
paso grand pooh-bah

Post by Skins »

I've never actually measured the fuel consumption, Jon, but I'll do so now. It'll take a few days.

I just know it'll be bad. Which is in some way to be expected I suppose, seeing as basically all I do is race around the city and suburbs. It did seem to be a little better when I did a 1000-mile trip up north a few years ago. It doesn't seem to be running rich, when I've looked at the plugs, and when I peeked at the pistons prior to that trip up north. It really just feels good, like it just wants to GO. I reckon those Italian carbs are just naturally uninhibited, and the motor just wants to go with them.
jcslocum
paso grand pooh-bah

Re: Fuel Consumption

Post by jcslocum »

jfiore wrote:My pazzo Paso still has the infamous Weber, albeit significantly re-jetted (165 mains). I've had casual tours on which it returned about 48 mpg, and on more "enthusiatic" jaunts through the Berkshires I still get about 40 mpg.
Hey! We're nearly neighbors. I'm over near Poughkeepsie. We have quite a few members from CT in our local club http://www.desmoducati.org
Gwenadu

Post by Gwenadu »

My Paso have mikunis from 600 monster, with main jets 150 and 1.6 mm washers under the needles. Very noisy KN cylindrics filters (RU-0800 model).She drinks 8 l/100 km.
You will have to translate... Why an Italian bike must use always miles, gallons, gauge(for wiring)!!!
jcslocum
paso grand pooh-bah

Post by jcslocum »

Well, 8 liters is close to 2 gallons. and 100K is about 62 miles. in the 32 miles to the gallon range.
DucSoup

Post by DucSoup »

8 L = 2.113 gal
100 Km = 62.137 mi

29.408 mpg
jcslocum
paso grand pooh-bah

Post by jcslocum »

You wouldn't be an engineer would ya???

;-)
DucSoup

Post by DucSoup »

:-)

They call me a process engineer at work. Just an ole COBOL programmer who knows enough about MS Excel to be dangerous.
Skins
paso grand pooh-bah

Post by Skins »

:thumbup:

At last I have managed to clock up 100km (102.2 to be exact) since I filled the tank to a measured mark. It took maybe a dozen outings, all but one of them short trips into the city (about 6km there and back) usually giving her heaps, lapping up that torque at low revs (making the most of my rare minutes to myself) hardly ever going higher than third gear, and the temp gauge barely coming off the stop (it's cold here now). Today I managed a trip of 22km, where I rode gently to make up for all the dashing about.

She used only 6.45 litres! So I got about 40mpg, I think (can't be bothered working it out exactly) and I'm very pleased. I shouldn't have thought to badly of those good Italian carbs.
speedtrifle

Post by speedtrifle »

For those of us in the UK I'd just remind you that a US gallon is 4/5 of a UK gallon, so 40mpg in the US equates to 45mpg in the UK.
Skins
paso grand pooh-bah

Post by Skins »

:cool:

er, thanks, I think, speedtrifle ... I can feel a state of confusion setting in (I am mathematically challenged). As you see, in Kiwiland we are now in litres. I have no idea whether we used to be in US gallons, or UK gallons, or whether it makes a difference to my current situation. Oh dear ...
redpaso
paso grand pooh-bah
model: 906 Paso
year: 1989

Post by redpaso »

US / UK or NZ Gallons thats not bad fuel consumption there Skins mate. I think mine runs about the same on my Webbers. :thumbup:
Redpaso
"My favourite peice of Ballet is a long sweeping corner"